“Pen y Pass Cafe”

Snowdonia National Park Information Centre
Book In Advance
$688.44*
and up
5-Day Heart of England Tour from London: North Wales, Stratford-upon-Avon...
$695.00*
Berkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Pen y Pass Cafe”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I climbed Snowdon and back in 5 hrs and I thought the views, experience and atmosphere was fantastic. I could have left Pen y Pass after I completed my journey but I felt a pilgrimage to the cafe would be a fine ending to an incredible day. I was completely disappointed. I had a basic cheese sandwich that cost me £3.50. It was a very thin white sliced bread with grated cheese that just felt out the bread on trying to consume it. The price was disgraceful. It wasn't even London prices. It was more like Monaco. What a disappointing end to my amazing day. I would highly recommend taking a packed lunch but as I stayed in a B&B it was diffcult to prepare. The cafe should be called the Fleeced.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Balbinder S

Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Snowden visit”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A scorching visit to Wales and a an incedibly hot ascent up Snowden.
The Information centre is well maintained, clean and ideally situated at the Pen Y Pas

Visited July 2013
UK
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Snowdonia Park Information Centre”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had to wait for the Centre to open at 9.30am--this is peak holiday season --I have visited NP all over the world and never had to wait for any early morning opening--9.30 is not early!! The information provide is poor--the whole thing needs to be brought much more up to date.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Lots of help”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Used the information centre a couple of times, especially for ideas for walking routes. Helpful, friendly staff, lots of information, and useful maps available. The staff there recommended a map for walks in the area, which we found very useful. They were also helpful when answering our questions.

Visited May 2013
Coniston, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great facilities”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Probably the best information centre I have visited. It was very new and very well equipped. There was so much information on the area you were spoiled for choice, and the staff were very helpful

Visited May 2013