“Fantastic”
Review of Gwydyr Stables

Gwydyr Stables
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We visited for the first time for our daughters birthday. Both our ten and eight year daughters were complete novices and the instructor (Dan) did a fantastic job on our two hour trek. The horses were obviously really well look after and though the stables were basic the choice of hourses for our mixed ability group and the riding (which is the whole reason for going) was superb.

Great location, good instruction and reasonable pricing. We'll be back for sure and would recommend to anyone from a beginner to experienced rider.

3  Thank GlobeTrottingChap

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We (myself, my sister & my niece) decided on a 2 hour ride. We are varying levels of ability - I ride every week, my niece every 2 weeks but although my sister rode regularly as a child, she hasn't ridden in perhaps 20 years! Prior to the ride we were each asked to fill out a form with emergency contact details and our riding ability. Horses were chosen based on our riding experience. Our horses were easy to handle and felt safe. The riding was scenic, although most of it was along single track gravel roads with some lorries from the nearby quarry passing us. Some of the ride was on narrower tracks and the pace was walk, trot and canter. The ride leader was really nice and helpful as were the staff at the stables. The only negative comment I have is even though we arrived early, our ride set off later than the agreed time which makes no sense as it was the first ride of the day and there was no explanation for this!

2  Thank crazyclb
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We tried the 2 hour ride option, and we're both complete beginners. We really enjoyed the experience: the instructions were good and the horses (Max and Ruby) felt really well suited for us: calm and relaxed. It is obvious they take good care of them. The scenery around the place is really nice for riding, very varied with beautiful views throughout. Could happily recommend it to others.

For the drive there, it is good to ask and go with their suggested driving route. Trusting the GPS blindly and just trying to take the shortest route from Betws-y-Coed turned out to be an interesting experience to put it mildly. :) But the actually suggested route is fine to drive.

1  Thank rrainist
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked a weekend's riding. A full day on the Saturday and a half day on Sunday. The people and the hospitality were great. They were happy for us to wander up to the stables early to have a chat about the horses and what we wanted. As experienced riders the horses we rode weren't novice rides but were lovely and had manners and breaks. We were able to dictate the length of time we were out and they were happy to accommodate our needs. The person who took us out was lovely and chatted about the horses, the area and the TV and film work they do. The scenery was breathtaking. After the first day we were given the option to change the horse we were riding. I chose to stick with the same one as she was perfect (I would have happily taken her home with me if I could have fitted her in the car!), whereas my sister changed to the most beautiful Irish Draught. I can't comment on the stables for beginners but I would totally recommend these stables to more experienced riders. They have a horse to suite every one and the people can't do enough for you.

4  Thank Vicki1970Leeds
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Warm hospitality, patient expert tuition, adorable horses, and some of the most stunning scenery you could ever wish to ride through.

3  Thank Andy B