“Novel Cafe on a train coach”
Review of Buffet Coach Cafe

Buffet Coach Cafe
Ranked #23 of 29 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Came across this coach cafe visiting Betws y coed and decided to stop for a cuppa. There are welsh slate gifts for sale just outside of the coach/carriage, we stopped and looked, then bought a few items, like you do! The young girl & lad selling the items were friendly even spoke a little welsh for us to experience as my mum was disappointed she hadn't heard anyone talking in welsh even though we had been in Wales for 5 days. We all had a cup of tea which was as good as any, my dad loved getting nearly 3 cups each out of the pot of tea for 2. I had Earl Grey and mum had a coffee. Great surroundings, clean with a relaxed atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Debs218

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We visited from southport for my sons birthday as that is what he chose instead of a party. We phoned in advance and wen we arrived the staff had put out balloons and a card for him. Food was lovely and staff were great, lovely novelty and my son loved it.

1  Thank Jenny L
Reviewed July 31, 2014

When holidaying me and my boyfriend came across this cafe and just because its a cool little carriage cafe I had to drag him in there. I had a hot chocolate and him a coffee. There was just one guy cooking serving and greeting customers which I thought must have been tough for him. However his service was lovely. The toilets on the carriage where just well we laughed because they where that terrible. The carriage itself is so old fashioned but lovely and we both loved the slate placemats they where so cool especially as there was a lot of slate everywhere. The two drinks however well they tasted a bit rank to be honest but I did find the marshmallows on the side a laugh. So overall its somewhere I would advice just to go have a drink and indulge in the surroundings. But don't expect too much.

1  Thank SomeBlondeBird
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Basic food at a reasonable price but on a train. Yes a train. Best train food I have experienced in Wales.

1  Thank Glyn_Carter
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The novelty of the cafe being inside a train carriage at Betws-y-Coed station attracted us there.

We first went in for a cup of tea and we were impressed enough to return for lunch after spending time in the town.

The service was extremely friendly and welcoming. For a small kitchen, the menu is quite extensive and is good value.

Although the decor is aged, I felt it adds to the quirkiness of sitting in a railway carriage.

I would definitely visit again if in Betws-y-Coed.

1  Thank JA12