“Great coffee and cake” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffi Caban-y-Pair

Caffi Caban-y-Pair
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great coffee and cake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I always visit this little cafe when I come to Betws y Coed. They do the best coffee and their homemade cakes are definitely worth a try especially the lemon drizzle. It's so reasonably priced compared to a lot of cafes in Betws. Highly recommend this cafe, definitely a must.

• Visited December 2013
6 Thank Julie W

London
“Best latte in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We love this little cafe. It's a must for us on every visit. I don't mind that it looks a little bit tired. They definitely do the best coffee in town and when it is cold and rainy outside it's nice to just sit and look out the window. And the breakfasts are really delicious, great that they do one for vegetarians. In fact I have never had bad food here. On the whole I find the staff very welcoming. Simple but effective and I don't need anything more

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank Fish1873
London, United Kingdom
“Great little Cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Don’t usually use tripadvisor and definitely don’t bother writing reviews on here.
I tend to deal directly with the hotel/restaurant staff and/or manager. Call me old fashioned, but this is something that I have always done, whether it be to leave a compliment or raise a complaint. Doing this means that whatever concerns you have can be resolved and dealt with swiftly by the staff member or management.
So personally I do not see the point in leaving someone a bad review on here as it seems totally un-constructive for both parties!?
I also feel that tripadvisor has tended to encourage the wannabe food critic and the arm chair whinger, who’ve usually not got the courage or decency to take up their issue directly with a staff member and/or management.
But I digress…frequented this establishment ever since I’ve been visiting Betws y Coed and have always called in for their famous ‘Belly Buster’- especially appreciated after a long walk in the hills! Have never been disappointing with the food, coffee, staff or the atmosphere. I do hope to call in for one of your pizza’s in the near future. But in the meantime, keep up the good work!

• Visited November 2013
7 Thank WarrickHunt
Cymru/Wales
“Un-accommodating,don't bother if you've got children,poor food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very disappointed to say the least with our experience . Very rude lady who was I assume was the manager or owner greeted my wife and two children when we arrived with her negativity of us bringing our buggy inside. We asked for a childrens menu but was informed there wasn't any so the only thing we could order for our toddler was a single sausage which cost us a £1! We ordered two soup of the days which was advertised as a freshly made tomato and lentil soup with crusty bread. We asked our young waitress if we could have brown bread instead of white. The soups arrived with cheap defrosted white rolls without an apology or an explanation for our brown bread request?! The soup was a big let down- bland, tasteless and no substance. It really made us think that the soup could never have been freshly prepared. We love Betws y Coed but we'll never return to this cafe again- there's plenty of other little gems of establishments that deserve our hard earned coins!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bradley84
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Tucked away at the top of the main street in Betws y Coed is this little gem of a café. Friendly staff, cracking atmosphere and great coffee. The food is prepared to order so be ready to wait a short time. I had a bacon, cheese and mushroom baguette - Superb!! I would say it was one of the best I have had at a decent price. Well worth a visit.

• Visited August 2013