“Lovey quirky place”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 20, 2014

After our 4 1/2 hour drive and not so stress free glass of Pinot in the Stables we found this lovely little tea shop and loved it. We were able to sit in the sun on the platform watching the trains coming and going. There was a large queue at the counter but the wait was well worthwhile .....I highly recommend the Wesh Rarebit with bacon delicious. I was going to order two slices of cake but when I saw the size of one slice I only ordered one to share a good job as the rarebit was more than a snack ..... All food was fresh a delicious. The staff were welcoming and friendly. I would definitely recommed

kakop63, Owner at Alpine Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thanks for your happy words, have a nice life

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I am picky about food and drink, and this place meets my requirements. The food is amazing, and there is a good choice of "non chicken nugget" child meals. This has been our go to place in Betsy over many a happy holiday. Only problem is other people are catching on and it's getting very busy, and queues can be long. Best time to go is breakfast, when it's quick service, comfie seating and a relaxed atmosphere. Maybe it's time to open another branch?

Thank you very much for your positive input, we really appreciate it, I think a franchise would kill me off!! Have a happy week

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Grateful to find somewhere to shelter from the rain and settle our rumbling tummies, we ended up here yesterday. It was with some dismay that we found ourselves queuing for about 15 mins to order our food. As I neared the till, I tried to order from the girl behind the counter who told me I couldn't order hot food with her only cakes, same for the second server from whom I could only order hot drinks. A tad frustrating after queuing for so long. Eventually, we spoke with the right server and managed to order our meals.

We sat at our table with out drinks to wait for our food. Behind us, the long queue for all food and drinks continued, even out of the door. This made it very uncomfortable for us sat in the cafe as it was incredibly draughty. I also wonder if there was room for everyone queuing to sit.

The food thankfully arrived promptly and was delicious, although the young lad serving had no people skills and seemed unable to ask logically who the particular plate of food was for. Still, he was young and am sure he will get there.

My husband used the solitary toilet and was not impressed by its state.

I strongly feel that this cafe would greatly improve if people could come in and sit down to order. The long wait in a queue with no guarantee of a seat, and no easily visible menu to see while queuing, the open door through which people queued making it cold while you eat........I'm afraid that I would probably not return here which is a gear shame as the food really was nice.

Incidentally we had the pie/quiche with chips and salad, a kids meal and a cheese and ham croissant.

2  Thank Tamarabclat
kakop63, Owner at Alpine Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Tamarabclat
Although we agree with, and even empathise with some of your feelings of discontent, we would like to hereby respond to your criticism by clearing up a few minor matters.
We are a restaurant sans the luxury of full time waitrons. We fully agree though that this should be clear before any customer enters our premises. We have thus in the meantime put a notice pre-entering to explain to clients the procedures of our coffee shop. Please also except our apologises regarding the inconvenience when ordering food/drinks and kindly note that most of our staff are still young, in training and without proper experience. The hospitality industry demands personalised attention and service a diverse group of people and individuals. Although I agree that our current staff has not had enough experience, i can assure you that they are in daily training.
Should you wish to discuss this in person, kindly write to me personally at the following address art@platformgaleri.co.uk
Thank you for your generous compliments regarding the food at our establishment, I can give you the assurance that we will keep on trying to provide not only the best food in Betws-y-Coed but also the highest quality of service.
Kind Regards
Management.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stopped into the Alpine after 5 hours in the car and were delighted to get such a great welcome and have such an amazing cup of tea and scones with jam and cream. The shop is really homely, with lovely decor, a wide a varied menu, some great condiments on the tables is a nice addition...intrigued by the aray of chilli sauces :-). The conservatory on the back was warm and the place was very clean. They have newspapers and clearly have put a lot of thought into the set up here. As a big fan of a great cup of tea it was lovely to be able to take home a bag of the Alpine Blend, so a steaming mug will bring back happy memories for a while yet to come.

Thank you very much for your review enjoy your happy tea memories

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Nice place for a casual lunch or snack. All we ate there was fresh and some of the options were a little bit different. Good selection. Lovely coffee and delicious cake. Service a bit slow even though it was a quiet day, but what the heck there was no rush and the food was nice.