“Loved it - food and decor just great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpine Coffee Shop

Alpine Coffee Shop
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Welsh
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Loved it - food and decor just great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I enjoyed my visit immensely and would recommend it to my friends. Food was tasty and wholesome and catered for the various dietary needs of my party. Children were very welcome and treated kindly, staff were courteous and helpful when asked about the menu - they knew what was in the meals etc. When the food arrived it was gobbled up by everyone in the group with lots of pleasing comments. It wasn't overly pricey either despite being peak season. Loved the décor, every wall had something different to look at. The message of environmental awareness was not missed but not forced upon us either. Great place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cee d

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Unique cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Quirky café with fabulous décor, and a menu to match. Found it on a day trip and the afternoon tea was better than the Ritz! Had to come back again for lunch.... very very busy, service a little slow, but well worth the wait as the food was delicious. So much choice, and very helpful and charming staff. Wish there was one in my city! Would detour through Betwys-y-coed just to eat here again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank maggie m
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“What a Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've been to Betws-y-coed a few times, and always found it hard as a vegan.
This time was no different, until I was waiting for my train home.
I was hungry, so thought I would give the coffee shop a whirl on the off chance that there would be SOMETHING I could eat.
One word.
WOW.
A whole page of vegan goodies!
I had the vegan burger with melted vegan cheese...yum!
The place has a great relaxed feel to it, an oasis from the heat outside.
LOVED the fact that they support animal charities (even if I did find it a little odd that they sold meat AND supported animal charities.)
Was just so nice to have a choice of what I ate, and to feel that they had taken care to provide things I could eat.
The staff were friendly, and it reminded me of the vegan/veggi coffee shop that I volunteer at in Southampton, the Art House.
Will definitely be going there a lot mroe every time I visit Betws-y-coed!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Aaron B
Mid Wales
“Just as good when busy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I reviewed this coffee shop back in the New Year on a very quiet January day when we were very impressed with the food and service. I am happy to report that the Alpine has maintained its standard and is equally capable of providing excellent food and service on a busy sunny July day. We enjoyed breakfast on the platform and despite the queue generated by the arrival of several coaches the staff dealt with diners quickly and efficiently. We waited less than ten minutes for piping hot delicious breakfasts to arrive. I would recommend this coffee shop to anyone visiting.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank LadybugMidWales
MANCHESTER
“Excellent Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Excellent coffee cakes and snacks has a nice area wher you can sit outside. Really handy for refresments before getting on the train service is good and staff friendly

Visited June 2013