“In from the cold”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Yes, another Sunday and much need coffee after walking in the snow for 3 hours. This is my usual cafe when in Betws-y-Coed. Unfortunately as I had already made my evening meal at home, I didn't treat myself to a plate of chips. I have in the past and you get a decent portion of very nice chips. Looking at other folk tucking into food I was very tempted!

Not the cheapest place in Betws-y-Coed (which generally isn't cheap anyway) but one of the best cups of coffee I've had in town and apart from the height of summer it has ample setting. The staff are efficient, very polite and helpful. The boss must be proud of them.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We called for a late lunch on our way home from Portmeirion. We had stopped off at Halech , but the whole place seemed closed so it was nice to find Betws-y-Coed open and thriving.
There is a good choice of food on the menu - my husband had the scampi and I had a veggie pizza . There was a bit of a wait for the food , but when it arrived it was piping hot and obviously freshly cooked.
Staff were friendly and efficient - would recommend

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food here was decent enough - we ordered a couple of burgers. But it did seem expensive for what it was - especially as pretty much everywhere to eat in Betws-y-Coed offered Welsh Black bugers. They also had lots of lovely looking cakes and things - which unfortuantely I didn't try.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
Relaxed atmosphere.
Friendly staff.
Wide range of hot food (including all day breakfast, starters, fish dishes, main meals, vegetarian choice, grills, burgers, kids menu, snack menu) and drinks.
Free tap water on request.
Seating at front and raised seating at rear of premises.
Wall-mounted TVs.
Toilets.

Cons:
Not cheap.
WiFi available but login required.

Tip: There's a good view onto the adjacent Betws-y-Coed railway station from the rear of the premises.

1  Thank jonotennis
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Called in for fish and chips after a great day out, purchased fish and chips, was told would be brought to the table by the young lad on counter,only to get the plate of chips and the smallest fish you've ever seen 10 mins later (must have been 5 inch but 1 1/2 inch wide, I said to guy wanted fish and chips and his answer was you have fish and chips with attitude, he offered to get another but didn't want to wait any longer, the chips was nice tho