“Remember When?”
Review of Fairy Glen

Fairy Glen
More attraction details
Owner description: This deep gorge is surrounded by a seemingly endless expanse of scenic beauty.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Escape to a real Narnia, or where ever you went as a child. The sun came out and colours came out to play as well. Give it a few more weeks when all the leaf colours change.

1  Thank Abadablum

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Take care as there are sate steps down to the glen, but definately worth the visit. There's an honesty box on the gate, it's only 50p.
Parking very close - honesty box for that too.

2  Thank tonivitti
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Like other reviewers, we walked here from Betws y coed. We spotted the honesty box requesting 50p each and duly paid this amount into the box. We entered the gate and had sandwiches at the picnic area (just inside the gate) and then set off to see the glen. An older man then appeared at the gate stopping one couple who had just entered and yelling and gesturing at us to come back. We did and he accused us of not paying! Utterly ridiculous. What is the purpose of an honesty box? Fairy Glen is nothing special and is certainly not worth the hassle of dealing with this rude man.

10  Thank LD123186411
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Walked there from Betws y coed,rained all day, as we went through the gate after dropping the money in the box we were chased by this horrible little man demanding another 50p,I really wanted to tell him to stuff it but as I was there with my son who I had not seen for 2 years I relented and gave him his 50p (hopefully he choked on it) then proceded to the fairy glen down very slippery steps and slipped as I got to the bottom and hurt myself and yes I did have proper walking boots and I am an experienced walker the view was O.K. but not worth the hassle really wished that I had not bothered in my opinion there are much better places to go and free.

7  Thank fellwalker494
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had exactly the same experience as that given on 13 August, only this time it was a not very friendly man who chased us demanding another £1 for car parking. Yes, I know it states parking charges on signs etc, but to be honest, we didn't read the signs because we had an internet print-out which only mentioned the 50p, per person charge, which we had paid. We weren't told about cameras and would have been shocked if we had been, however we were told there was a "counter" in the money box which indicated that we had not given enough money!!! Somehow I doubt this as the box appeared as any other honesty box and when we dropped in our two 50 pences, it was obvious there was no other money/device in the box. When we continued our walk after handing over £1 for car parking, it took 5 minutes to get to the fairy glen. Only 1 word sums it up - disappointing!!! Will definitely not be returning.

7  Thank Jennifer K