“Charming hotel with fantastic food”
Review of Ty Gwyn Hotel

and 1 more site!
Ty Gwyn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Betws-y-Coed
Andover, United Kingdom
“Charming hotel with fantastic food”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed for one night last week with friends whilst doing the 3 Peaks. The hotel is charming and full of character as you'd expect from a building many hundreds of years old. Although on a busy road there is plenty of parking and road noise was never an issue. Our room was fine with a wonderfully comfortable bed. The highlight however was the meal we enjoyed. It far surpassed all of our expectations and made us wish we staying more than the 1 night planned. My main memory of Snowdonia is now the fillet mignon I had at Ty Gwyn rather then the hailstorm on Snowdon's summit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ed0003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Conwy, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Went for a bar meal there on a Saturday evening, food was exquisite, could not fault it, plenty of it as well.
Excellent waiter service provided very friendly place, it felt warm and cosy with a homily atmosphere.
Would recommend this place to eat.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank aldean c c
England
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at the Ty Gwyn on Saturday night and must say I had a fabulous night. Firstly the room wasn't a room but a beautiful little cottage at the back of the hotel with amazing views. The cleanliness of the cottage and the new bathroom were irreproachable, and very comforting. I even had cheese and biscuits in my room, bravo!!!

We were even treated to the live Karl Froch live fight while drinking some of their finest wines.

With the other guests also, we ended up having a sing off. Priceless! A great evening was had by all....
I must say the dinner that I had was amazing…. It was a beautiful whole piece of sea bass with steamed vegetables, which I ruined! by ordering chips (on the house...). You
cannot compare the location and the magic of the Ty Gwyn with anywhere else in the UK, as this 16th century coach house gem, never fails to deliver.

I'm not looking to find faults in places like this, which sometimes might occur, because the experience of being there, is more than rewarding. Highly recommended as the food is amazing! and the staff are unique!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Room Tip: "The fish is amazing"
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank RecardoPatrick
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have just come back from a 2 night stay at the Ty Gwyn Hotel, I booked 3 rooms for my wife and I and my 2 children and their partners. The rooms were really nice and the breakfasts and the dinner in the hotel restaurant were really top notch. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I would recommend a stay in this hotel to anyone. It is also very well situated for the local attractions such as Swallow Falls, Bodnant Gardens and Portmerion. We would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ERIC W
Trafalgar, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The trouble with not booking in advance is that some times like Bank Holiday weekends you can get caught! Well we were driving up through the Snowdonia area when this happened and I think the Gods were looking down on us because the only place we found to have a spare room was here. We absolutely loved it in that it has a huge amount of character and ambience. We were told that it would take until about 9pm until we could get a table for the evening meal because they were fully booked but that didn't worry us in the least because they had a lovely cosy lounge where we could have a drink while we waited. The room was very comfortable and had everything we could want. Breakfast the next morning was very yummy. The staff even though they were run off their feet were all very happy and competent. I can see why some people on TA could rate this place so badly, maybe they are just bloody sad people!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcbar1202
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and i have just come back from a 2 day stay at the Ty Gwyn. We've been 5 times now and absolutely love it. The room is always very clean and cosy. The staff are really friendly and are happy to pass on any recommendations for things to do in the area.

After a day sight seeing or just relaxing we like to have a drink in the bar before we sit down to a very enjoyable meal. The menu just gets better and better. It's reasonably priced and the food excellent. All served by polite staff.

I highly recommend this hotel as a nice quaint place to stay when visiting the area, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed in room 10 which was quiet and very comfortable.
The highlight of our stay was the evening meal. The food was excellent, the staff were friendly, the atmosphere relaxed. If you like old coaching inns you will love this place..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Betws-y-Coed
Waterloo Hotel
The Royal Victoria Hotel Snowdonia
Gwesty Glan Aber Hotel
Gwesty Glan Aber Hotel
#7 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to Ty Gwyn Hotel? Share your experiences!