“PLEASANT STAY”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Betws-y-Coed
Sussex
“PLEASANT STAY”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed three nights beginning July. Nice superior room with large bed. Front of hotel with bay windows - so nice to sit to enjoy your complimentary tea/coffee and relax after a day out. Nothing special about the bathroom, but was clean enough, there were however water marks on the tiles
of the ceiling!! Breakfast was adequate, we ate in the bar on arrival and food was ok! However the next night we ate in the Bistro about five minute walk from hotel - out the main door turn left and its on the left hand side, so impressed we returned the next evening - booking highly recommended, the second evening we saw at least three customers refused as they had no spaces! Betws is a lovely place and would stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paalSussex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
London
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Good points - well situated with free parking, no problem with hot water, some food very good

Bad points - disinterested staff who don't seem to have a clue what they're doing - there doesn't seem to be an owner or manager present, some food poor, latest open bar in town - very noisy (don't expect to get any sleep until it shuts at 12.30 pm), room refurbishment pretty shoddy and all areas generally dated and in need of a good clean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heexagone
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in September last year and I was more than happy with the value for money. Having searched the internet I saw that Glan Aber offers superiour rooms and having looked at pictures I decided this is the room which I would like. I rang up and they offered me a discounted price for the night and even gave me the superiour room for the same price. I was delighted!
When walking in the reception area was dated to say the least and thought to myself 'oh no, what have I done', however my room itself was most surprising. The room was clean and the bed was amazing! So comfortable that I went home and told everyone about it.
The bathroom was very dated and quite disappointing in relation to the room itself. The room was good but even though it was a superiour (and I checked) I didn't think there was anything 'superiour' about it, but for the price that I paid I was more than happy.
The breakfast and breakfast room was lovely, couldn't find a single fault what so ever. However, I don't think I would pay the £70-£80 price tag for a standard room myself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Booked a one night stay via a Groupon voucher, upon booking I was advised only one room was available because all of the Groupon allocations have already been used up. I was very surprised to find out we were the only residents staying in the hotel on the night we had booked.

Point 1 - groupon deals = poor and cheapest bedrooms despite availability.

Positives - Location of this hotel is perfect right in the heart of Betws. Breakfast is beautiful and freshly cooked. Bar and restaurant area decorated to a nice standard. Dogs are welcome at this hotel.

Negatives - bedrooms need urgent repair and attention. Radiator hanging off the wall and unable to turn off so heating was on high all night - in June! Watermarks on ceiling, broken glass hand pull in bathroom and mouldy blind in bathroom. The WORSE bed I have, or in this case haven't managed to actually get any sleep on!

Upon checkout we weren't asked how our stay was as the receptionist took a phone call mid way through checking us out.

Overall this hotel has so much potential if they invest time and money in bringing the bedroom up to standards and improving the level of comfort.

Would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Megamac0151

Travelers are raving about these Betws-y-Coed hotels

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were able to get KGB deals a 2night stay for 2 with full English bfasts each morning for £99. The staff were very friendly,accommodation was cosy n comfortable,food was home cooked,delicious n affordable. Lots of walks around Betws Y Coed. Short drive to Snowdonia we didn't get to walk up as the snow was drifting badly but it was still breathtaking scenery. A fabulous n relaxing weekend.

• Stayed March 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good and friendly staff really help with your stay.Nice locals bar ,large restaurant clean rooms very large Welsh breakfast.Plus they seem to like the English.Will go again many thanks.It is right in the middle of Betws-y-Coed which has some great shops and walks

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter Franklin S
Cambridge UK
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have not stayed at the hotel, just had an evening meal at its Caffir Glan restaurant.

Diners order from the bar and the over-worked barman made it clear that the bar was his priority. We had selected from the menu on our table but the barman told me brusquely that it was the wrong menu.
The junior staff were busy, polite, well-presented and probably had lots of potential, but they seemed lost and untrained.
The Heinz sauce sachets on table and the same Iceberg lettuce-based salad with both my starter and my main meal were a good indication of the overall quality.
The couple at the next table returned their pizza which they could see did not meet the menu description of "home made".
The cheese for dessert was not the usual cheddar+soft+blue: although the servings were generous, all three cheeses were supermarket semi-soft made for sandwiches; one was waxy mustard and chives.
What a pity, because the building's facade and outward presentation held out so much promise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple