“Worth a quick pit stop”
Review of Conwy Falls

Conwy Falls
Reviewed July 23, 2011

A pleasant walk but the falls weren't that spectacular. We went to the cafe first and was then able to walk to the falls for free (out the back of the decked area), rather than pay the £1 toll, which made it a good value cup of tea. The cafe served loose leaf tea and the cakes and food looked good although I didn't sample those

Reviewed March 9, 2011

A nice walk at all times of the year, especially good when the salmon are leaping. The cafe is a really good place to have a pit stop there is a nice variety of drinks and an interesting menu with lots of homemade goodies.

3  Thank Fractalcat
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We visited Conwy Falls straight after Swallow Falls. There's a cafe here with a free car park. There's also a turnstile costing £1 to go through to get to the falls.

We followed the top path which is circular and brings you back to the turnstile. We then followed the lower path which gives you glimpses of the falls.

I'm not sure if we missed the actual falls but we walked around twice and never really saw anything that you'd call a a waterfall. Maybe the water was so low because of the lack of rain that we couldn't see them through the trees.

It was worth £1 for the nice woodland walk, maybe we'll go back when it's rained heavily and see what the falls should have looked like.

You can read more about our visit in my travel diaries at pencer.org.

2  Thank pencer
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We heard about Conwy Falls whilst looking for accommodation on TA. We came across Bryn Bella Guest house and the walk from there to Conwy Falls. When we arrived Mark the host was able to explain the walk from there to Conwy falls in detail including the detour around the Fairy Glen. This walk is well worth the effort and far better than Swallow Falls also outside Betws-Y-Coed.

The falls themselves were full of water and quite spectacular. There are several routes around the area some long some small and take in all the breathtaking view points. Well worth the effort especially as it is home to the Conwy Falls Cafe which serves great Tea, & Cakes.

All in all a great days walk in spectacular countryside followed by a great lunch at the Cafe. Ticks all our boxes.

2  Thank PhilliasFogg
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I was staying in Betws-y-Coed on business and had a few hours to kill before I had to drive back so I asked the owner of my B&B what could I do quikly and without the car and he suggested a walk via the Fairy Glenn to Conwy Falls for a coffee and return via the Machno falls to pick up my car at Bryn Bella. So I did and I am glad I did. Its a great walk and the Conwy Falls were spectacular, because of the rain the day before, and well worth the effort. The added bonus was the cafe which sells good food and coffee and based on good eco and fair trade principles. As my trip was for business I did not have a camera but I will be back for pleasure soon and will certainly bring a camera with me as both the Fairy Glenn and the Conwy Falls as so photogenic. But don't take my word for it go see for yourselves.

6  Thank ecobabeWales