“A Foodie's Heaven”

Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

A gorgeous pub in a beautiful village serving high quality, beautifully presented, hearty food.. What more could you want!?
Oh and an amazing wine list!
My partner and I dined here 2/3 nights on our weekend break (we would of ate here every night but they were fully booked - so booking in advance is a must!).
The stand out meals we ate included:
Lamb Fillet, Brie, Asparagus & Parma Ham Wrap with café de Paris Butter
Fillet steak, Paté, Wild Mushroom, Wilted Spinach & Cheddar Roulade with Cured Bacon and Peppercorn Sauce
Ty Gywn's famous shepherds pie
and our favourite...

Fillet steak with salami, black pudding, garlic crouton, melted chedder mash and peppercorn sauce.

The deserts looked gorgeous but the portions are very generous so we could never fit one in!

If your in the area or passing through make sure you stop off here.

There are newer reviews for Ty Gwyn Hotel

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our B&B hosts recommended Ty Gwyn, so we booked a table. It's a delightful little place full of old world charm. We both decided to give the starter a miss; although the menu had plenty of delicious - sounding choice. My partner opted for a sirloin au poivre, while I chose local salmon in a dill hollandaise. One thing to note was, that it wasn't clear on the menu whether or not vegetables and potatoes were included in each dish, and our waitress didn't seem to know either, so we ordered extra veg/ chips etc., only to find that we both had potatoes with our meals. That said, the food was delicious and piping hot, although we did wait a while for it to appear, but they were very busy, which I think is recommendation in itself. We followed our main course with a sweet and delicious crème brulee. We enjoyed our evening immensely; the atmosphere was cosy and relaxed and the surroundings are beautiful. The staff were kept busy but they were friendly and courteous. We would most definitely return and we'd love to stay too. That would have saved us a walk "home," although that probably did us good!

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the B&B next door and popped into this place at 9pm, hoping we were in time to be served food. The staff were very welcoming and the food was lovely. Great range of choices, especially nice fish dishes. Lovely cosy bar area with comfy armchairs to relax in. We would definitely go back when we are next in Betws-y-Coed

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice over the weekend of the 26th July 2014.

The food is outstanding, priced very competitively and the service excellent.

Both myself and my husband had fish and meat options and they were both equally as amazing although I have to comment on the quality of the fish. I have never tasted scallops mussels lobster and crayfish like this it was like velvet melting in your mouth. Now you may say I've clearly not eaten them properly cooked elsewhere however having eaten them as far afield as New Zealand and as locally as 2 minutes from home in fantastically acclaimed restaurants to small village pubs I truly believe this is the best fish I've ever had!!!!

The deserts were home made and fantastic each night I said I didn't want one and then proceeded to eat my husbands which he wasn't impressed with.

The service was good with the staff knowing the menu and wine and recommending dishes.

A true must if you are staying or passing through Betws-y-Coed..

Ooh make sure you book especially at the weekend as you may well be disappointed otherwise as their phone doesn't stop ringing

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We called in here on a day out without knowing anything about it so were very pleased to have stumbled across this gem. The menu choice was great and we felt very at home in the snug area where only we were located. Opted for Lamb Hock only to find it had just been delivered so wasn't quite ready yet, so went for Lamb Wellington instead. It was delicious! One of our group had ribs and couldn't eat it all, the portions are on the large side..... Having said that we'd built up an appetite! Would recommend this place for food, it's just a shame we were on holiday almost 300 miles from home so can't come back.