“Extra care and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ty Gwyn
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Cuisines: British, Welsh
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Extra care and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have been many times to the Ty Gwyn as we are locals. This time it was for my Birthday celebration with friends. The chef and staff were fantastic in preparing a meal that suited my special dietary needs, I hate making a fuss and so appreciated the sensitive and discrete way I was served. As always the food was fantastic and we enjoyed the best bottle of wine I have had in ages. This lovely old building has a wonderful atmosphere, where we have always had great food served by staff that are way above the average. Good luck for the 3 peaks. Les and Mike

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Denise S
bampar, Manager at Ty Gwyn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review you posted
We all manage the 3 peaks challenge, thank you for your support.

• Polish first
MANCHESTER
“Lovely Coaching Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Excellent food but I arrived early as I did not know that they only
served meals from 6.30pm I asked if I could wait in the bar which was not a problem but they would not allow me to have a drink not even coffee or coke as I was a non resident,however a couple arrived not long after myself and they were served with a drink I wonder if this was because I was a single diner and took up too much space for not eough revenue ?. I must state that the serving staff were extremely polite and friendly and in no way made me feel uncomfortable.

bampar, Manager at Ty Gwyn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review - we appreciate the feedback and do apologize that we were not able to serve you a drink a soon as you arrived as we were not sure if you were going to dine with us. We only got a hotel restaurant license. We appreciate your custom and hope to see you again soon.
Cardiff Wales
“Great food, not so great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food was delicious: I had steamed local mussels sauce (best ever) followed by sirloin steak.
The service though was slow and the staff (young men temporarlly employed for the summer??) were quite inefficient: not bringing an extra chair, needing to be reminded about the drinks order and strangely taking a long time to bring the bill). Even so an excellent meal.

bampar, Manager at Ty Gwyn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for the TA review you just posted. It does allow us to keep learning and improving.
Do hope you will visit us again soon
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We did have to wait for a while for our table despite booking and then another wait for the food, but it was totally worth it! Both courses were delicious, would definitely recommend and if returning to this area would absolutely return to this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
bampar, Manager at Ty Gwyn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your custom and hope to see you again soon.
Newark, UK
“Enjoyable Meal with good ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We enjoyed the Ty Gwyn. The people who have complained were either very unlucky or want to try eating out around Newark ! The main course Lobster Thermidor with Prawns & Crayfish was super. We ate in the Restaurant although the Bar area looked good too. We ate here on a Sunday evening - a few years back we tried to get in on a Saturday Night and it was mayhem in there - but Sunday was calm !
Only gripe was a white wine which, when initially served, was pretty much at room temperature. Copious amounts of ice were quickly sourced and it gradually cooled !

bampar, Manager at Ty Gwyn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for the TA review you just posted. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience, we look forward welcoming you back in the future.