“take away very good”

Ranked #21 of 29 Restaurants in Betws-y-Coed
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 15, 2013

we had take away from here on 4 occasions. twice fish & chips and twice just fish. the fish is excellent. a nice thin batter but crispy. (better like that than thick stodgy batter). it is freshly cooked and piping hot. the fish had a lovely flavour and texture. would recommend highly especially if you don't want the bother of cooking or sitting in a restaurant.

1  Thank barbara d

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife had Welsh Stew. I had Fetuccine with ham and parmesan (a.k.a. Fetuccine Alfredo) and we both enjoyed our meals. The dining room was large and open, the service excellent. It was not a romantic place, but it was very good!

1  Thank BornToTravel1936
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We just stopped here for takeaway fish and chips, ate them just around the corner of the bridge with a good view of the river. The fish and chips were great, really good quality and freshly cooked. Staff served us with a smile. Not a bad price at less than £4 per portion for a large portion size to take out. We would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Ge0rgie1
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I passed by this place on my way to Llanfairpg. We, my late bro-in-law Cliff, my sisters Rema and my late sister Prema, along with my little nephew Dan, speed here to have a snack ... fish n chips of course. It is a very beautiful place and we sat outside a restaurant munching in the garden beside the restaurant.

It was a very relaxed atmosphere and even my sites Rema, who was in an angry mood, calmed down and we had a wonderful time here. We saw an ice-cream van across the road and of course we couldn't resist ... bought some ice-creams, went back to our table and enjoyed the ice-cream.

I felt so relaxed, it was amazing. The people were so nice and friendly too. I loved this place.

2  Thank sadee_raghavan
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Have passed this chippy a couple of times and the takeaway food looked and smelled delicious,so when we found ourselves in Betws-y-Coed at lunchtime this was my first thought for lunch. It was raining so we opted to sit in. Wished we hadn't bothered! It was expensive, £7.45 for fish and chips. Two of us had the special which was fish, chips, B&B and tea or coffee for £7.95, thinking this would be better value, what we hadn't realised (although we should have, being in a tourist trap village) was that we would only get a half portion of fish compared to the main menu price. And all this wouldn't have been so bad if what we had was nice, but it wasn't. The chips were undercooked, not at all crisp. The fish looked nice with crisp golden batter, but when we cut into it the batter wasn't cooked through inside. The chicken nuggets were cheap, chopped chicken. If this wasn't a tourist destination then I feel this place would soon go out of business because people just wouldn't got back. The young girl that served us was lovely though. Another point is that you can't pay by debit card - get into the 21st century!