“Gorgeous views, excellent rooms and breakfast to die for”

Ty Blaidd Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Macclesfield
“Gorgeous views, excellent rooms and breakfast to die for”
Reviewed March 10, 2009

My boyfriend and I booked two nights in Ty Blaid in the slightly larger room 1. The B+B is situated in a little town called Penmachno, slightly off the beaten track from Betws - y - Coed. We arrived at dusk on the Friday and were met with a warm welcome from Antonia who showed us around the dining room, sitting room and up to our bedroom. We were given a key to the guest entrance which is separate to the main house so coming and going was without disturbing the main house. As we were the only guests, it was like having your own apartment which was great. The decor is modern but homely and immaculately clean. We were asked to remove shoes as the surrounding environment is quite muddy (Snowdonia national park!!) but were provided with slippers which was a lovely touch. There were books, games and guides available in the sitting room for use whilst staying there and beverage facilities avaliable 24/7.
The bedroom was wonderful. The views were spectacular and the finishing touches were subtle yet very apparent and contributed to a high class stay. The bed was huge, coffee facilities varied, bathroom very modern with a fabulous shower, complimentary toiletries and lovely bathrobes and towels. There was also a flat screen tv with Sky which helped my boyfriend feed his football addiction!
The breakfast needs a special mention. Antonia asked us to peruse the menu the night before and write down our choices with a time for the next morning. There were eight choices in all and of the two we sampled, they were fantastic. Alongside the fresh fruit salad,toast, cereal, preserves, honey, yoghurt, tea and orange juice (with juicy bits!) we were set up for the day to go walking and sight seeing.
The surrounding village is very quiet with little happening, if you were to stay here, any nightlife (pubs and eateries) would involve a taxi or drive into Betws - y - Coed which is four miles. We found our environment so lovely that after a busy day, we grabbed a bite to eat and then came back to the B+B and had a glass of wine before bed. The surrounding area has lots of scenic walks and activities to keep you occupied.

All in all we had a lovely weekend.It was peaceful and relaxing and we would recommend to anyone who is looking to get away to peaceful surroundings with a bit of luxury.Look out for the napkin rings - they are fantastic!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Goose_9

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Woodstock
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I decided to return to Ty Blaidd after spending a very enjoyable weekend there with my husband last year.
The B & B is reached via a lane from the village of Penmachno take note of directions as not too easy to find.
This visit was with 2 girlfriends and the first thing I noticed was how friendly Antonia was on arrival but also how she has grown in to the job of host. Ty Blaidd is very comfortable accommodation and kitted out to a very high standard with views to die for.
On this visit I stayed in Room 2 not as roomy as Room 1 but just as comfortable with all the comforts you would expect beautiful décor, flat screen TV, tea making facilities plus the toiletries in the En Suite and the added bonus of the view.
The breakfast room is also a room with a view with lovely table settings. There is a good variety for breakfast ranging from a Full Welsh to waffles plus the usual things of cereal, toast & jams, juice etc. (I couldn’t do it justice) plus it is served until 9.30 so chance of a lie in if needed. There is also a small sitting room for guests to use where there is an Information Folder available, which we found very useful.
The accommodation is kept in immaculate condition and Antonia also goes out of her way to make your visit that little bit more special. I will be back again soon either with the husband or girlfriends as this is a very relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank IsisOxford
Derbyshire
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Wirksworth, Derbyshire, England.
August 2008
Reviewer. A very satisfied guest.
My wife and I run a small Taxi business in the beautiful Debyshire Dales. We desperately needed a break and searched the internet for a peaceful plac to stay for a few days.
We came accross Ty Blaid, in Snowdonia, Wales quite by chance and we are so very glad that we did.
Antonia, the lovely lady that runs the establishment, and her daughter, Jenny were helpful from the outset, both with the booking arrangements and the travel directions. Prompt and welcoming responses to all our queries.
My wife and I arrived at Ty Blaid after a long drive and were immediately met by Antonia. A wonderful lady who, once we had told her our reason for our break, did all she could to make our stay what we needed.
The house is set in a very peaceful village in Wales. It blends in with the old from the extereioryet has all the amenities a modern traveller might need.
It was obvious from the outset that thought and care had gone into the organising of the establishment from the room and en suite facilities to the choice of table settings at breakfast.
Though obviously recently completed there were no "teething troubles". I assume that these had been long ironed out before any guests had been accepted, such was the impression I got from Antonia; proffessional and caring.
Ample linen, change daily if required, bathrobes and a selection of tea, coffee and herbal teas were on hand. A wonderful selection for breakfast each day and all wonderfully prepared and presented.
The whole place was comfortable but not sterile there was sufficient care offered without intrusion and enough independance with the feeling that one sometimes gets that nobody is about to attend. Antonia was always available and would get all the information we needed if she did not know it herself.
The location, although remote is, as i said, beautiful and peaceful. Ample pathways and places to walk close by and even more gorgeous scenery a short ride or drive away in any direction.
It is close enough to some of North Wales' landmarks and coastal resorts also.
I mentioned I lived in the Debyshire Dales, a beautiful part of England, therefore I am not easily impressed at scenic beauty, Snowdonia has its own unique beauty and charm that cannot be compared with the Dales. You cannot compare, an apple with a
pear. All I can say is "wow, it is breathtaking"
I have never reviewed anything before and am realy just conveying the wonderful experience my wife and I had. Our break was short, only 4 days, but we both felt as refreshed when we left as though we had had two weeks holiday. Antonia and Ty Blaid had a major contribution to that experience.
My only criticism would be the music at breakfast. A different CD each day would have been better. Maybe some Welsh Choral music for attmosphere??? It has not put me off returning. After we have been to Scotland and South Wales we will return to Ty Blaid if and when the oppertuniy arises.

Stayed July 2008
4 Thank sa2uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Betws-y-Coed
Plas Yn Dre
#5 of 47 in Betws-y-Coed
Afon View Guest House
Afon View Guest House
#17 of 47 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to Ty Blaidd Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!