“Excellent Charming Hotel”

Tan Dinas Country House
Ranked #1 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a wonderful, friendly and professionally run place. The rooms are comfortable with traditional decor, good beds ( ideal after a day's activities) and are not too fussy or homogenous. Breakfast provides a good range of choice and is presented beautifully and tastes fresh and best of all is locally sourced. The hotel owners are friendly, knowledgeable about the area and clearly take pride in this treasure on the hillside. Perched on the forested hill just outside the village of Betws Y Coed, Tan Dinas is a great escape from city life and just close enough to the town to feel part of the action.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lacasa1224
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Many thanks for your review. We were so glad you decided to stay another night as four days can so easily be spent exploring this beautiful area, still leaving plenty to do on a return visit, which we hope you make soon. Every best wish in your new job.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

What a great find? One of the nicest places we have stayed in, ticks all the boxes, stunning, peaceful location. Eileen was so friendly and made us so welcome. John cooks quite a breakfast. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. This amazing location is so hard to describe on websites etc., but Stunning certainly sums it up well. We are pleased that you had a nice time here and hope to see you again one day. Maybe John will have added another delight to his menu !

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have stayed on two separate occasion's at Tan Dina's and can confirm all that has been written on this review site as true so I won't repeat it. What I will say is I have stayed at B&B's all over the Britain and this is head and shoulders above the rest for many reason's again all the reason's that have already been stated by other reviewer's. I have just paid for my son to visit with his girlfriend from Venezuela as I am confident they will find the B&B and surrounding area as amazing as my wife, I and all the other reviewers have. I also paid for a close friend to visit with his partner that's how much I rate Tan Dina's. It makes me smile to know close friends and family are experiencing that same serenity, tranquility and hospitality that I have enjoyed on two wonderful short trip's. I hope to return to Tan Dinas very soon. I mean they even offered to collect my son and partner from train station. The only place that let me book 2 night's on a bank holiday (rare in these times of greed) unlike every other B&B I rang who said "its 3 nights only on bank holidays". This may help to highlight the generous and giving nature of the owners John & Eileen of this outstanding B&B.
Daryl

Room Tip: All were good don't get to pent up if one doesn't look out the front, the back one's loo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you, your friends and now your Son have enjoyed their stay with us. Our guests happiness means a great deal to us and we do the best we can to ensure each guest has the best time we can. It is so nice our efforts our appreciated. Thanks.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Thanks to John and Eileen for the great hospitality. The accommodation is first class, and breakfast is always great (this was my second visit to Tan Dinas country house). The location is great, secluded, but still just a short walk from the town. And advice was always available, as to where to go, and what to do, extremely helpful!. I'll be back!.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ian c
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Great to have you back with us again. Pleased you enjoy the tranquil setting. It''s like another world up here with just the noise of our stream and birdsong to interrupt your thoughts and yet only a short walk into the hustle and bustle of the village.. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back again. Many thanks for your continued custom.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just returned from Tan Dinas, and cannot express how much we enjoyed our stay. A big thank you to Eileen and John for the wonderfully warm welcome on arrival (including a pot of tea and cake in the sunshine), the wealth of local knowledge and tips, the immaculate room (in fact the whole house is just gorgeous), hearty and tasty breakfasts and just the general feeling of pleasure to make your acquaintance and have you stay. If you are thinking of staying in Betws-y-Coed, this should be your first choice for accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tk_mos

It was lovely to receive your review.. Thank you. Like you we believe that sitting on the terrace with tea and cake in the afternoon sunshine is one of the best places one could be or of course relaxing in the evening with a drink whilst enjoying the sun setting. Beautiful.
Every best wish to you both for your forthcoming wedding. We'll be thinking of you.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you should go to Betws-y-Coed
This B&B you'd be daft to avoid!
I can honestly say wholeheartedly,
Tan Dinas is the place for me!

Location-wise it is sheer perfection
A short walk from 'Pair' bridge, in an upward direction.
In this village, there's scarcely a quieter spot,
I know Betws well so I kid you not!

The house is cosy and SPOTLESSLY clean,
It would seem Eileen is a cleaning machine!
And as for the breakfast(s)...well, all I can say
Is I wish I could eat there EVERY day!

The girls and I had such a great time
I felt inspired to write this rhyme.
Thanks John & Eileen! I don't know when
But I sincerely hope that we see you again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Oh thanks so much for this lovely poem. Brilliant, creative and extremely kind of you to find time to write it. Hoping you will all come and join us again one day.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at Tan Dinas over the May Bank Holiday and it was a perfect retreat away from the crowds. Our room was emaculate and tastfully furnished. Our host's were fab. Eileen was so friendly and John an excellent chef. It was all that we could have wished for. Excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen B, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

It's always exciting to have celebs stay here and so we were thrilled you chose to stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed your company and are looking forward to your return next year. Many thanks for the review, so happy you liked the house and its' amazing location.