“Lovely place and location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Betws-y-Coed
Tan Dinas Country House
Ranked #1 of 47 Betws-y-Coed B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We have stayed in many good quality guest houses in England and Southern Ireland, so have a fair bit of experience. Tan Dynas ranks with the very best. The location, including the quiet spot with lovely views (including the birdlife which are encouraged with lots of supplied food), lovely bedroom and bathroom, cleanliness and hygiene, and great breakfasts, were all excellent. With Eileen and John as superb hosts it would be difficult to ask for anything more. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jamelyn
Tandinas, Owner at Tan Dinas Country House, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2011

We love to welcome guests to our home and to share with them its idyllic location in the peace and tranquility of the forest, but it makes all the effort we put in really worthwhile to read such a lovely review and we thank you. As bird watchers you will, I am sure, wish to know that Timex, our resident woodpecker, so called for his punctuality in feeding along with the guests at breakfast time, has recently been proudly displaying his offspring - such a treat. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to our home in the future when John can delight you with his new menu. Many thanks again. Eileen & John

Reviewed June 27, 2011

I have just spent a fabulous weekend here with friends and I cant speak highly enough of the Tan Dinas experience. The house and its location are absolutely superb. We were made to feel so welcome by Eileen and John, who were the perfect hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them.
I had the downstairs double bedroom as a single because I have some mobility difficulties and it was wonderful ! It was a good size and the bed was so comfy with its lovely bedding. There were plenty of quality drawers and good hanging space. The ensuite was fine too with its shower and luxurious towels. Everywhere was beautifully clean and nicely decorated.
John's breakfasts were amongst the best I've ever had. This and Eileen's lovely manner in interacting with guests made breakfast a really nice experience each morning.
A fantastic highlight for me were the bird feeders around the grounds including some outside my bedroom window and some outside the breakfast room windows. These brought a constant procession of birds including Woodpeckers, Nuthatches, Jays and many many more. It was hard to pull myself away from watching !
All in all Tan Dinas was a gem of a find that I would highly recommend to anyone. We'll certainly be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jaydee42
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We stayed at Tan Dinas for one night only (sadly), but nothing was left to chance. Eileen and John were most hospitable, providing lots of pertinent information about the area and its attractions. Tan Dinas is a fabulous country house, complete with spectacular views of the surrounding area of Betws Y Coed. I am just amazed at how they manage such high standards. We have already booked for next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dianehynamsunsh1ne99
Reviewed June 21, 2011

sorry for posting so late we stayed at easter our third visit to this location. it is lovely and peace full . Eileen and john have a lovely place and breakfast is excellent .

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Tan Dinas is unquestionably a high quality B&B. Some of the plus points are that it is spotlessly clean, the owners, in particular the lady of the house, are friendly, professional and helpful, everything works (light bulbs and so on), bedding and towels are top quality and wonderfully fresh and the breakfast is delicious and well presented. However on my recent two night visit with my wife all was not totally perfect, and in the interest of providing balanced reviews on Tripadvisor I comment here about four negative issues.

Firstly, as regards room size and location I think we drew the short straw. Our room can only be described as small. It was at the rear of the house and had one smallish window with a limited side view. There did seem to be other rooms that would have been larger and with more and/or bigger windows and a better view so if you are thinking of booking at Tan Dinas it will pay to try to specify one of the better rooms

Secondly, although pretty and of good quality, the curtains on our window did not keep the room remotely dark once the sun rose.....very early at this time of year, not a problem at other times of year

Thirdly there was noise despite all the favourable comments about peace and quiet. I am talking about internal noise coming into the room through the ill fitting bedroom door. Noise from other guests coming and going, noise from the proprietor(s) welcoming guests or generally chatting to them, noise from a loud chiming clock - although the chime did seem to be disabled from around 10pm until breakfast time. I think that I am perhaps particularly noise sensitive, but for me this was an issue

Fourthly, on our second night we had a 'snorer' in the next room. It went on for hours. It was audible outside the room on the communal landing. It was very bad in our room and I had to resort to ear plugs. Bearing in mind all the comments about quietness I was disappointed to have to do this. Bad luck to get a snorer in the next room yes, but the dividing wall clearly was inadequate

For me the negatives outweigh the plus points unfortunately

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KhunBill
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Second time in three years and wouldn't stay anywhere else now . The best brands and top quality service coupled with fantastic views , spotless home and very tasty breakfasts make this no. 1 in my book .

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 22, 2011

I can't say much more than has already been said about this great B&B and Eileen and John except to say if you are thinking about going - just go, it is everything that has been said and more. From the moment I spoke to Eileen to book you know she is a warm and careing person. When we arrived she was gardening so John gave us the Tan Dinas welcome. The house is lovely and the setting beautiful and quiet, only the faint babble of the nearby river and the birds,woodpecker,yellowhammer etc. We hadn't been to the area before, the sceanery is spectacular and there is lots to do. We will be back and with friends. Thank you Eileen and John .

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple