“Excellent day out...”
Review of Zip World Fforest

Zip World Fforest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Formerly Tree Top Adventure, the Zip World Fforest site is Zip World's most recent acquisition. It offers an idyllic woodland setting for all your adventurous wishes. Enjoy a journey through the canopy of the trees on Zip Safari, opening 24th March 2016, or bounce and explore to your hearts content on Tree Top Nets, opening 23rd July 2016. Free fall from up high on Plummet or sore over the tree tops on the giant five seater swing, Skyride. The Junior Tree Trail will also keep any little adventures busy! After all that adventure, why not relax, re fuel and watch the action from Zip World Fforest Caffi.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is an excellent place to spend time with your family and friends. The adventurer's course is the best attraction and it will take 2 - 3 hours to complete. It is suitable for begginers as well as experinced people. The staff was very helpful and knowledgable and they have got all kinds of safety equipments. The place is near to Betws-y-Coed, when coming from Llandundo junction.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It's easy to miss when you're trying to find it (you don't notice it coming) but as soon as you've driven past, you know that was where you were meant to turn.

The place itself is a small wooded carpark just off the main road with ample parking and a very nicely finished cafe and reception. You turn up, sign in and sign your disclaimer and wait in the cafe for your timed group to be called. You get a full safety brief and instructions on the harness and helmets you have to wear then go off for your adventure.

We picked the adventure course, powerfan & swing thing (paid using tesco clubcard vouchers). The adventure starts off with a smaller course to make sure you're okay with doing that sort of thing, then goes on to a higher course. The elements aren't any more difficult but are higher up and more challenging - the final part is jumping out the tree to a soft landing (you're attached to a fan machine that slows you down). The initial step off is the hardest but as soon as you're free-falling, it's just fantastic.

The instructors are really friendly and reassuring in their knowledge and emotional support when you won't let go of the pole 105ft up in the air, giving the encouragement and gentle pushing persuasion to overcome your bodies entirely natural survival response.

At the end you get a certificate of all the things you've done. My advice: DO EVERYTHING! You won't regret any of it.

1  Thank atc_brian
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd visit and I honestly think this is the best high ropes course ever.

I'm not a big fan of Go Ape where it gets progressively harder, I find my body objects. This place mixes harder sections with easier sections so your arms/legs/body/nerves get chance to recover a little and the leap of faith at the end is scary but so much fun.

My favourite part however was the swing, you buckle up and get winched into the air and one of you is in charge of pulling the release that sends you flying out over the valley (that's how it feels anyway).

There were some stunning views and the swing is one of the best rushes I've ever had, it was amazing!

Cafe does a good cup of hot chocolate afterwards too :)

1  Thank AbbilC
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a great day out at TT Adventure. We originally booked for myself and my daughter (4) to go on the lower rope course and my son (6) and his Dad to go on the high rope course and for us all to go on the swing. However our daughter got nervous and upset and wouldn't go on, the instructor Jordan handled this really well and was great with her really trying to encourage her without forcing her to do anything she didn't want to. In the end we swapped and my son did everything while my daughter watched - everyone was happy! Th lower course was excellent value for money and still felt quite high and offered a good levelly of challenge. The Higher rope course was much more challenging and really high up. There was a large group on this course and I felt the instructor (Jordan) handled this big group well and offered good support where it was needed, letting the more confident be more independent. The cafe on site was nice and after a cold tree top workout a nice coffee was definitely needed! The cafe also offered a lovely selection of hot and cold food and cakes. We then went on the high swing - not for the faint hearted! Again my daughter didn't want to go on, so my son had two turns one with each of us. It was amazing a real adrenaline rush!

1  Thank Carli J
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked the ropes course and it was well worth the money. The course was challenging and certainly a good workout and perhaps not for the faint hearted if you enter onto the main course. The instructor on the day (Jordan) was really friendly, helpful and professional. There is a really good cafe on site where you can get hot drinks, food or an alcholic beverage to settle the nerves! The only minor complaint was that due to the instructor being along there was some delays on the course particularly with the zip wire at the end as he had to also attend to other people on the course. He dealt with it very professionally however maybe more staff are needed for bigger groups.