“A great attraction”
Review of Zip World Fforest

Zip World Fforest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Formerly Tree Top Adventure, the Zip World Fforest site is Zip World's most recent acquisition. It offers an idyllic woodland setting for all your adventurous wishes. Enjoy a journey through the canopy of the trees on Zip Safari, opening 24th March 2016, or bounce and explore to your hearts content on Tree Top Nets, opening 23rd July 2016. Free fall from up high on Plummet or sore over the tree tops on the giant five seater swing, Skyride. The Junior Tree Trail will also keep any little adventures busy! After all that adventure, why not relax, re fuel and watch the action from Zip World Fforest Caffi.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked the ropes course and it was well worth the money. The course was challenging and certainly a good workout and perhaps not for the faint hearted if you enter onto the main course. The instructor on the day (Jordan) was really friendly, helpful and professional. There is a really good cafe on site where you can get hot drinks, food or an alcholic beverage to settle the nerves! The only minor complaint was that due to the instructor being along there was some delays on the course particularly with the zip wire at the end as he had to also attend to other people on the course. He dealt with it very professionally however maybe more staff are needed for bigger groups.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Arrived very early in the morning and was suprised how easy it was to find. We were greeted by two very friendly member of staff who provided us with all the saftey equipment and clear instructions. The first task we did was the Skyride, and I believe it to be the only one around that holds more than two people- so it was such a laugh to be able to do it in a group with my family! It' s basically a pendulum swing in which your attached at the waist on to a metal bar in a line but the exhilaration is unreal!! (someone also has to be nominated to release the swing when it's at the highest point too!).
Also, we chose to attempt to climb the Powerfan Plummet- my initial thoughts were there would be no issue with me getting up, just stepping off... but as we went in the winter weather coniditions I was rathewr silly to not wear gloves so I think this added to my already shakey/nervous state! It was very reassuring to know that you had the option to stop and rest at any point by clipping a metal hook on your harness onto the metal spikes you were climbing on the side of the tree, but even though I was in exhausation in a nervous state, as it's a very personal activity/achievement I think you can fight to find your inner strangth!
I would definitely recommend this activity centre to families and friends as the support/team building was much more than I expected as I usually find myself bickering with younger brothers! I think there is a small ropes course for children above the age of 5 which looks very challanging and exciting for a young child. I believe children as young as 3 have been on the Skyride swing too..

2  Thank Laura W
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Enjoyed Tree Top adventure with my two boys (13, 11) this week. Although challenging it was good fun and we completed the course in just under 2 hours. Justin was our guide and was very instructive and helpful. He allowed my boys to make their own decision on how to approach each TT challenge and should be commended for his enthusiasm and help throughout.

The TT adventure is £20 each but a reasonable price for 2 hours of fun.

We also climbed aboard the Sky Ride. Although a fun ride, at £10 it is WAY too expensive. I'd give it a miss at that price.

1  Thank yrretronnoco
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent a wonderful day here today - my husband and two girls aged 7 and 9 were so excited and were greeted with kindness and excellent customer service from the outset. Both girls hadn't done anything like it before but I was amazed how quickly, especially my youngest (and usually so painfully shy) were made to feel at ease. Safety is clearly paramount to the instructors with top quality equipment being used and an air of confidence in their manner which also makes you feel at ease. Nothing was too much trouble. Those who found things difficult were slowly coaxed and those who found things easier encouraged and motivated. My daughter (the youngest) had a wobble high up in the trees at one point, but after a few kind words made it to the finish. They all had a real sense of achievement when they came down. Then to the other great bit of the day - we stayed to have our lunch at the cafe which after a week away, we were mad we hadn't called in on before. The lunch we had was superb. There was a great selection - we have kids so classic fish finger sandwiches to paninis with a variety of fillings - not to mention loads of other choices did us proud. They make a wicked cup of tea and the carrot cake was to die for. The cafe is furnished in beautiful wood furniture and it is clear they have spared no expense in kitting out the dining area. We will definitely be back next year and would recommend it to anyone - whatever your age or fitness level - or if you just fancy a good cup of tea and a beautiful slice of cake whilst you watch the family have a go!!!! (although I have promised to join in next time so the cake may have to wait!!)

2  Thank EmmawIlkes
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is really good fun. We spent a few hours trying all the different levels only one of the group managed the death jump. A great time had by all.