Bod Gwynedd Bed & Breakfast
Glan Aber Hotel & Bunkhouse(Betws-y-Coed)(Great Value!)
$40
$83
Royal Oak Hotel(Betws-y-Coed)
$101
Agoda.com
The Eagles Hotel(Llanrwst)(Great Value!)
$101
The Meadowsweet Hotel(Llanrwst)(Great Value!)
$100
Hotels.com
Bryn Tyrch Inn(Capel Curig)
$119
$115
Travelocity
All reviewsb bjourney homebiscuitswelsh cakescooked breakfastfresh fruit salada great staymade us feelwarm welcomeroom was spotlessbus stopshort walkfour poster bedpower showercomfy bedfront of the houselovely touch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2011

After a wonderful overnight stay two years ago, we were looking forward to a five-day visit this year, meeting up with friends. We were surprised, and a little apprehensive, to be greeted by new owners, since we'd made the booking with the previous owners, David and Mary-Ann, who were going to be a hard act to follow. Beverley and Joseph have just taken over the business and are new to both the business and the area - however, they are doing a great job of maintaining the very high standards of comfort and cleanliness set up by their predecessors. The rooms are spotless, with big comfy beds and lovely, modern efficient showers - I don't think you could ask more of a B&B room. The breakfasts are still delicious, and the packed lunches excellent value at five quid. Because they were in transition, there were a few glitches like the internet not working, but Beverley went out of her way to try to help out, offering her personal dongle to us, and even leaving out her laptop set to the right page so we could check our flight! Other little touches gave them an A for effort - like putting out crystal glasses in our friends' room when they saw they had brought a bottle of whiskey with them.

Because they are new to the area, Beverley and Joseph may not yet be able to recommend things to do, so for me I'd say definitely stop in at Bodnant garden, a few miles up the road and surely one of the most beautiful in Britain - oh, and while you're there, try the Welsh Rarebit in the tea room - the best I've ever had. Portmeirion is also a fun day out, as are Caernarfon and Conwy castles. The little Welsh castle at Dolwyddelan, very near by, is very scenic. The slate caverns at Blaenae Ffestiniog are interesting, and a good way to get out of the inevitable rain! If you decide to walk up Snowdon, be aware that when the train is not running (as it doesn't if the weather is bad), the tea room at the top will be closed, leaving you with no shelter to eat lunch, or even a loo!

If you need shopping (other than souvenirs and walking gear), probably Llandudno is the closest place with decent-sized shops.

For eating, the best places in my opinion are the Pont-y-Pair pub, the Bistro and the Ty Gwyn - you'll need to make reservations for the last two. The Dragon Chinese is closest, but I didn't enjoy my meal there (however, my companions thought is was OK).

Overall, you won't be disappointed if you book Bod Gwynedd. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank rooster_ramsay
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Absolutely wonderful! I stayed here for 2 nights (wish it was longer). The owners Beverly and Joe are very laid back and will go out of their way to accommodate your every need. Plenty of parking on and off street, breakfast is amazing, the rooms are spotless and the service is exceptional. It's safe to say, Bev and Joe do not cut corners.
The b&b is a few minutes from the town, take full advantage of the lovely pubs and restaurants. Everyone is so welcoming, what a lovely community. I managed to pack quite a few activities into such a short space of time including walks through beautiful scenic routes, a tour of a copper mine, Conwy Castle and the local pubs where I made a few new friends. I will definitely be re-visiting! Have a flick through the attractions guide (which I found in my room) North Wales has something for everyone!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My boyfriend and I went for 3 nights stayed in room 2 and planned to go walking for the weekend, the B&B is situated perfectly just a short walk away from the centre of the village. There is ample parking out the front of the house and the rooms are a great size and perfectly clean. Our hosts were lovely so friendly and helpful, really attentive and even had a drying room for our wet stuff!
I have a nut allergy and am vegetarian and was very well catered for, we even had the pack lunch for walking up Snowdon which was just perfect. I don’ t think it could be better .. thank you for a wonderful stay!

Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed here for a 2 night break in August. Our room (room 5) was tastefully decorated and immaculately clean, with a comfy king-sized bed and an en-suite shower room with a good shower. The excellent cooked breakfast really set us up for the day. Owners Beverley and Joe couldn't have been nicer - friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The B&B is a few minutes walk from the village, with on street parking. It's a great base for exploring the area with some nice walks by the river. Highlights of our stay were spectacular scenery at Bodnant Gardens and Portmeirion (with its amazing beach), both a reasonable drive along very scenic roads. Fish and chips to take out and eat by the river in the village is a good option for a fine evening, and we had a decent dinner at the Royal Oak Grill (eating places seem to be quite busy). Shops are mainly souvenir gifts and walking gear.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed for two tonight's and throughly enjoyed our stay. Our host where most helpful in all things including choice of breakfast our room over looked the road and river beyond. We shall be spreading the word on this one far and wide