“Excellent”
Review of Sygun Copper Mine

Sygun Copper Mine
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Well i hate enclosed places but we got to mine early. I decided to have a go. Yep i was scared but it was a great experience getting the feeling of how these poor miners had to work in. Great views ad we done the whole walk after

All reviews
"information points"
"push button"
"sound effects"

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great value family outing with breathtaking view from the finish point. It's worth the climb inside the mountain!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Okay, I'm a bit of a troglodyte at heart and love exploring caves and mines. They are not for everyone but I really enjoyed the freedom a self guided tour gives. Sygun itself has a small shop/museum where you can buy tickets souvenirs and get a hard hat for your tour, the mine is well lit and has 6 'stops' some with audio/visual displays.

The passages are small and sometimes a bit wet so good shoes and wet weather gear is recommended. There are also some stairs and inclines which need to be considered before entering, although for small children or those less able there is an option of a short tour without the stairs.

price is about £9 per adult although if you get a leaflet from the tourist information office you can get a 10% discount before 10.30am

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I like the "self guided" tour as I wanted to take my sweet time taking photos with my camera and tripod...I got some amazing photos and the mine is interesting but as soon as u start to get into it....it's over!! I enjoyed wot I saw but i can understand the bad reviews this place has had...the car park IS full of puddles, the cafe doesn't have much food in, the journey down from the end of the tour is treacherous, there are A LOT of steep steps to climb and at £8.95 it's quite expensive. The slate mine is much more interesting. Sorry!! I don't dislike this place, the scenery is amazing...if u like photography like me then go but I can't ignore the faults when passing on my opinion.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I didn't really know what to expect when my girlfriend and I visited here! It's basically a self guided tour through an old mine but it was absolutely fantastic! We had a right laugh! There are a lot of steps inside the mine however so if your not great on your feet this probably isn't for you. It does however have some wonderful scenic views when you finally make your way through it. Slightly pricey for what it is, but some of our best memories of Wales were to be had here!