“Very comfortable and welcoming” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plas Gwyn

Plas Gwyn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beddgelert
Plas Gwyn
You added Plas Gwyn to your Saves list
Ranked #5 of 10 Beddgelert B&B and Inns
“Very comfortable and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights while doing some walking in the area. The host Brian was most welcoming and couldn't have been more helpful. Well armed with all the local maps and walking guides. Great breakfasts, tasty packed lunches and the drying room is a useful touch.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lewisville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at Plas Gwyn for 2 nights. We were warmly welcomed by Brian who gave us plenty of useful and interesting information about the area, and served the most delicious breakfast. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable and well-stocked with tea and coffee. Beddgelert is a delightful village with fabulous mountain views and within easy reach of Snowdon. We very much hope to return to this beautiful area and look forward to staying at Plas Gwyn again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My daughter and her fellow Girl Guiding Rangers and leaders were camping near here for a weekend, so that they could climb Snowdon. Having never camped before, I was in no hurry to join them, so took the more comfortable option of a Bed and Breakfast stay. I found Plas Gwyn on the internet and emailed Brian, the owner, to ask if he had a single room and he replied at once and the booking was straightforward. I arrived early evening and met Brian, who greeted me warmly and gave me advice on good places to eat in Beddgelert. I stayed in room 1, which was comfortable, clean and spacious enough for my needs. It had tea and coffee making facilities and biscuits and the bathroom/shower room, that I shared with one other single room was large and once again very clean. Breakfast was excellent as there was a choice of cereals, juice, fresh fruit, full cooked breakfast and a never ending supply of toast and coffee and tea. Brian was an excellent host and was able to give guests good advice on climbing Snowdon and on other local attractions. As I was due to meet up with my group on the Sunday morning, to start our journey home, Brian allowed me use of the guest lounge until they arrived. All in all an excellent weekend and I would certainly recommend Plas Gwyn to anyone. Hopefully we will be able to return later in the summer, if Brian has any spare rooms. Thank you Brian.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed at Plas Gwyn for two nights during a recent trip to Wales. There was no onsite parking, but we were able to park on the street with no problem. Brian was very accommodating, and helpful in planning our time in Snowdonia. The breakfast was great and we had a beautiful room. We highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen O
Clarkesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The room was great, the bathroom small, and the breakfast great. Actually, the small bathroom didn't matter because everything else was fine.

Brian is a gracious host and was very informed and helpful when it came to helping me plan out a photography walk (in search of bluebells to photograph).

We would certainly stay here if we happened back to Beddgelert!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I would highly recommend a stay at the Plas Gwyn B&B in Beddgelert. Brian is a wonderful host and the town itself is highly recommended if you like nice hikes in a beautiful mountain setting. I found the Plas Gwyn through the Rick Steves guidebook and setting up a reservation with Brian via email. Brian was very helpful prior to my arrival, including providing estimates on the driving time back to Heathrow. I was the only person staying during my one night mid-week in September. Brian provided excellent advice on things to do and see in Beddgelert and the surrounding areas. The B&B itself is very nice - the rooms are clean and provide plenty of room. Brian also provides an excellent breakfast and conversation. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Eric L
Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed at Plas Gwyn by chance, we were looking for a b&b and saw the vacancy sign. Brian welcomed us in, we were the only guests and we had a choice of rooms. The place was lovely, quiet and comfortable and you couldn't wish for a better host. Rainy weather but a great breakfast and some friendly advice from Brian got us off on a lovely walk by the river. Much appreciated the loan of the guide books. We plan to return in better weather to complete the Snowdon walk. Great place, super host and looking forward to our return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beddgelert
Bryn Eglwys Country House Hotel
Craflwyn Hall
Craflwyn Hall
#7 of 10 in Beddgelert
4.0 of 5 stars 22 reviews

Been to Plas Gwyn? Share your experiences!