“Small and cozy”
other travelers have booked this property
Front of cottage Living room
Dorothea Quarry
Trefor Beach
View of Mount Snowdon from Talysarn
Cottage at Christmas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

TNADZ
UK
“Small and cozy”
Reviewed November 1, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The cottage itself is very quaint and small. It caters beds for 5 people but it would be very snug with 5 adults........It has a lovely wood burner which heats the house quickly so no real need for heating when we were there. I personally found the tv in the lounge too small. The sofas are not the most comfortable and I appreciate its difficult to put bigger furniture in the room but for relaxing evenings in they are a tad hard and small.

The towels I would say take your own as they were very basic and small. They could really do with replacing and as I suggested to the owner, cut back on the goodies in the welcome pack and replace the towels for future guests. I did suggest, You are better off with Bath Sheets and Bath towels than the small hand towels. Also you could do with bath and shower mats too so that when people step out the bath or shower they don't drip on the floor. We actually bought one for the bathroom as stepping on the cold tile floor downstairs wasnt pleasant.

I slept OK in the main bed, I wouldnt have wanted to share it with anyone though as the gap at the end of the bed is very tight to pass by. My friend said the mattress on the single bed as you walk in to the small room was very uncomfortable and as an adult she didn't sleep great at all. She considered the other bed but that looked narrower than the one she was sleeping in. They may be ideal for kids but not for adults sadly.

We had trouble with the upstairs shower hose but apart from that the bathrooms were great, I'm not sure for fire safety the doors both opening out onto the landing is wise though? I found I had to wait for the bathroom door to close before I could vacate the main bedroom, not ideal in a fire sadly. Maybe making one of the doors inward opening would be a safer option. Just a thought.

Before posting my review I did email the owner to give her chance to reply to my feedback but I haven't heard from her hence why I felt it only fair to publish my review on here so future people have an idea of what to expect.

There are negatives but positives too and the feedback is more for people to consider when booking in the future.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Nov 7, 2017
Thank you for your feedback Tracy.

Snowdrop Cottage is a 160 year old stone cottage and as explained on the website is quirky and quaint.

The towels that are provided at the cottage are for guests convenience and just a little added extra which I like to provide to make the cottage cosy and homely. As per my website I always advise guests to also bring their own towels and provide a full breakdown on what towels will be provided at the cottage. I provide these towels as I like my guests to feel at home as soon as they walk through the door however I will take your feedback on board.

In relation to bath mats there are bath towels to step out onto which are provided in the draws at the top of the stairs as well as large towels for guests who bring dogs. I find bath mats gather germs and dust very quickly which is why I provide bath towels to step out onto. This information is in the welcome pack however I will make sure that it is made clear to my guests. There are shower mats which are provided in both the shower and bathroom.

I am sorry to hear you felt the beds were uncomfortable I have received several positive comments about how comfortable the beds are and how well guests have slept , so I am sorry this was not the case during your stay.

Due to the layout of the cottage and its age there is no option in relation to which way the doors open out into the hall upstairs. I give a detailed description about the cottages quirkiness and advise people about the character of the cottage as it may not be for everyone.

I apologise Tracy I have not received any recent emails from you. Since your booking request in August we have exchanged over 30 emails about the cottage and area. I apologise if I have missed any recent emails which you have sent to me.

Thank you for taking your time to provide me with your feedback about Snowdrop Cottage as I find feedback extremely important.

Many Thanks

Amanda
Foxy539
Kidwelly, United Kingdom
“A cosy little cottage with lots of character!”
Reviewed July 14, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Snowdrop Cottage is a lovely little house to use as a base for exploring the Snowdonia National Park and the whole of North Wales.
Myself, my partner and my 16 year old daughter spent a very comfortable week there, and the cottage has everything you need. Bedding, towels and flannels were provided, there was wood ready for a log fire if we'd needed it, and there was a simple on/off switch for central heating at the touch of a button had we needed more instant heat. There are two showers, a bath and two toilets, and there were teabags, coffee and sugar there (although we took our own) along with a lovely welcome basket in the hearth with all sorts of goodies in it including milk, biscuits and a nice bottle of wine. The kitchen was well equipped with kettle, microwave, fridge/freezer, gas hob, electric cooker etc (although the most I cooked was porridge for breakfast as we ate out most of the time!). There was an iron and ironing board had we wanted them, and upstairs on the landing was a 4 drawer chest that had towels in it to dry off your dogs should the need arise.
Broadband reception was good the whole time we were there and we even accessed Netflix to watch a couple of films. There were dvd's, books and tv games there as well - home from home!
If you're very tall then be warned it is a small cottage with many original features including a low ceiling in places (we got used to ducking slightly on our way up and down the stairs), and (for me) the wall mounted tv in the lounge was a little small - luckily I had my long distance glasses with me so it wasn't too much of a problem.

Talysarn itself is a sleepy little village with stunning views of Snowdon just a few minutes walk away at Nant y Lle Lake. There is also Dorothea Quarry and lakes nearby which is well worth the 5 minute walk to find and explore.
In one direction from Talysarn and just a mile away (if that) is Penygroes - for Chinese and Indian takeaways (both recommended!) and for basic co-op shopping and fuel. In the opposite direction (about 4 miles) is Rhyd-Ddu with beautiful Snowdon views and an excellent all-day food-serving Pub called the Cwellyn Arms (also recommended!). Just further on (another 4 miles or so ) is the stunning Beddgelert and from there the beautiful Betws y Coed.
We travelled around the length and breadth of North Wales while we were there and had a great holiday - would definitely stay there again!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Charlie G
“mrs”
Reviewed June 4, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

absolutely amazing cottage very clean everything you need like home from home beautiful views of Snowdonia highly recommend .owner Amanda is amazing ,the hamper ,cake and decorations for added touch to celebrate mother in laws 70th cant thankyou enough.Will definitely be returning

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing