“A Warm Welcome”
Review of Colwyn Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beddgelert
Colwyn Guest House
Ranked #5 of 11 Beddgelert B&B and Inns
Harlow, Essex
“A Warm Welcome”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My first visit to Wales and I've come away with wonderful memories. On arrival at this B&B we were welcomed with such warmth. The house has a wonderful friendly feel of it's own as is reflected by Colleen it's owner. Immaculately clean given the 'animal' friendly status, going on previous places I have visited with this status. Our room was at the front of the building on the 2nd floor, bright and airy and the windows opened much to my delight, I prefer to sleep with air circulating. I could hear the river running by and it gave a wonderful peaceful mood to settling down for the evening. Breakfast the next morning was provided and was a full cooked special all sourced locally, from the pork and leek sausages down to the lovely deep yellow yolk hens eggs from the local farm. The villiage of Beddgelert is charming and atmospheric with spectacular views and friendly people. For a perfect centrally located holiday in Snowdonia/North Wales you would be hard put to beat this!
Thanks Colleen - it was worth the drive and hope to see you again soon :o) Lynne

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynne B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2012

After a very stressful time at work Colleen welcomed me in to this idyllic guest house. She has got to be one of the most charming women on earth and a wonderful stay in a fabulous room in a gorgeous village. My view was the bridge and river and it was cream come true. Thank you so much. Andy

Room Tip: If you have a dog you are welcome - how cool! My Springer Spaniel "Pepper" loved it!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst walking in Snowdonia, my partner and I had no complaints at all the owner was very welcoming and nothing seemed to be to much hassle.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed here on a cycle trip from Warminster to Carrickfergus and it was absolutely fantastic. Coleen did everything she could to make me welcome and helped is all sorts of ways, including providing secure bike storage. The guest house is located right in the centre of the village with lots of good pubs nearby, and situated close to Snowdon and other places of interest in Snowdonia. The breakfast was the best of the entire trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AbingdonCyclist
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This was a lovely place in a great location and my partner and I found the host very helpfull and obliging. However the bed mattress was very very bad and i'm surprised by the other comments here regarding the bed comfort. Maybe a new matress is on order. I hope so as the one we had to sleep on was an old wire spring mattress that was uneven, lumpy and it took us both several hours to get to sleep. The slightest movement made a horrendous noise so my partner and I were forever disturbing each other up as we turned over. I spent the next day driving with a neck ache. At the end of the day... the sleep quality is what we are paying for and that is reflected in the rating. If the bed was better, we would easily have rated the establishment at 5 stars

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Colwyn10, Owner at Colwyn Guest House, responded to this review, June 25, 2011
We are sorry that you did not have a good nights sleep, Mattresses are replaced on a regular basis, but unfortunately it is not possible to suit everyone as some people like firm mattresses while others prefer a softer one.
We are happy to try and allocate a room with a firmer or softer mattress on request at the time of booking.
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Right from the start Colleen made me very welcome.
My room was very clean, but the bathroom was tiny and the bed only just long enough for my height of 5ft 7ins. However the bed was very comfortable so getting a good night's sleep no problem.
The B&B is in the centre of town so is only a very short walk to pubs etc. However it's on a main road so in the summer the traffic noise and people going back from the pub(s) could be a bit of a problem for light sleepers.
There are double yellow lines outside the B&B, but I found out afterwards that nobody seems to worry about parking to unload etc. Out of season local overnight parking is no problem.
Coleen was a superb host, and on a number of occasions went out of her way to be very helpful. The breakfasts were superb.
I will definitely stay again in the future, and Beddgelert is slap bang in the middle of Snowdonia.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Chester
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Having been let down by our pre-booked accommodation, we contacted Colleen at the Colwyn Guest House, who couldn't have been more helpful. Despite having no vacancies, she contacted other places in the area for us and found us somewhere to stay and even supplied our breakfasts (despite us staying elsewhere!). I'd have no hesitation in staying here on my next visit or in recommending it to others!! Thanks Colleen.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beddgelert
Bryn Eglwys Country House Hotel
#2 of 11 in Beddgelert
Sygun Fawr Country House
Sygun Fawr Country House
#1 of 11 in Beddgelert

Been to Colwyn Guest House? Share your experiences!