“First Class”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beddgelert
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“First Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed her from 28th to 31st August to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary. The hotel is an absolute gem! Perfect location, excellent hospitality, spotlessly clean and very friendly and helpful staff.
We arrived quite late, so had to eat in the village. Kevin was most obliging, drawing a little map and giving us a review of places to eat in the village. On the second night we ordered dinner and it was a lovely meal. The bar is cosy, nice atmosphere.
Would love to go back again next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sahuarita, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

What an absolute fabulous experience! My wife and I traveled from Az. and spent 10 days traveling around the UK and this was by far the most exceptional hotel we stayed in. The room was beautiful and comfortable, the views were awesome and hotel in general was just so peaceful and relaxing. We took 2 days off here for some rest and just had the best time. Kevin and Lynn were the perfect hosts the food was amazing and Kevin is one heck of a craftsman. Lynn made the most wonderful dinners and I just loved the sausages. We spent the day reading in the Guest Lounge and the evening at the bar. We cannot wait to go back and if you want an elegant hotel with a relaxing feel this is the place. Try the duck and the ribeye steak. Thank you Lynn and Kevin can't wait to see you again. Sorry it took me so long to right this, I think Kevin will appreciate the spelling errors. Chris and Kim. The Arizona Sausage King

Room Tip: I don't believe you can go wrong.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChrisKimD
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I just got home from a 5 day trip to the beautiful Snowdonia National Park, our hotel experience was so perfect I feel obliged to submit this review immediately. After checking Trip Advisor, we chose to stay at the Bryn Eglwys Country House Hotel, in beautiful Beddgelert, which proved to be a rare gem of a place. The owners, Kevin and Lynn, are engaging and charming with 12 years experience providing, apparently effortless, excellence. The hotel is outside of the town centre (a 5 minute walk) in a meadow with fabulous mountain views, our room was well equipped and was kept spotlessly clean, the restaurant provided excellent hot food in 2 sittings, the service was faultless and the staff seemed genuinely interested that we we had everything we could wish for. This high standard was maintained through every day of our stay and was enhanced by daily conversations with Kevin who was consistently interesting and amusing. Kevin and Lynn and their staff are an example of how to manage a small hotel perfectly, we will certainly be returning to sample their hospitality again and I can't wait until then.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle-upon-tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Beddgelert is beautiful, and Bryn Eglwys overlooks spectacular scenery. I spent a night as part of a solo motorcycle tour of Wales (nice roads to get there).

I was given a warm welcome, and my wet clobber was taken off to the Drying Room for the next day's riding. My en-suite room was very comfortable with a great view of the mountains. Dinner was good gastro-pub standard (especially the dessert) with a wide range of wines by the quarter-bottle (important for a solo traveller). The waiter and waitress were both friendly and efficient. (I'm not sure that the choice of country and western music in the lounge and dining room fitted the views or the food, but tastes differ.)

I enjoyed my visit; it was more expensive than similar small hotels I've stayed in, but then again everywhere in Beddgelert charges a premium for the views.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We've just arrived back from this hotel, can't wait to stay again. The owners, Lynn and Kevin are lovely, very warm and friendly too. The food was great, the breakfast is the best I've ever had in a B & B in the UK, so much came as standard, real porridge, full Welsh breakfast, croissants, toast AND hot chocolate! This is the first place that offers not just tea and coffee, but hot choc too. Even the room trays have hot choc. Normally when I ask all I get is a sad sake of the head. The evening meals were all home made, tasty and fresh, great after a long day walking.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackiemcmorn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just got back from a weekend stay wishing we were still there! This hidden gem of a B&B is located in stunning countryside with unbelievable views. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, our room was very comfortable, well presented I overlooking meadows, river and imposing mountains. Breakfast was 1st class and service/staff were all of a very good standard. The owners Lyn and Kevin were very friendly and obviously care a great deal. We shall definitely return!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

A family group of nine stayed for four days of welsh hospitality at its ultimate. We have stayed in country houses all over the UK and this was simply the best. Our hosts, Lynn and Kevin, care deeply about the hotel and their personality emanates in the idyllic facility and incredible food. Lynn cooks the best vegetarian fare we have tasted anywhere. This hotel is simply the best in the region and is worth the trip just to feel taken care of. Kevin recommended a marvelous mountain guide, Hamish Armytage, who cared for us on two climbs. He was experienced and kind and led a nine year old to the top of Tryfan. One got the impression that any reasonable request of Lynn and Kevin would be granted. Since I stay in hotels for about eighty nights a year I have learned to spot places which one could return to again and again. Thank you Lynn and Kevin for creating an oasis that we will drink from many times.

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beddgelert
Waterloo Hotel
#2 of 2 in Beddgelert
Royal Oak Hotel
Royal Oak Hotel
#3 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed

Been to Bryn Eglwys Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!