“Rude Staff”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have visited The Bull Inn on many occasions and I have never had a bad experience until this evening. The woman who serves the meat on the carvery has ruined our meal and dining experience!! She was very rude and abusive towards the young college student (we think) or kitchen help through out the whole of our time there. This young man couldn't do anything right without this woman shouting and embarrassing him in front of ourselves and other diners. We usually stop on for a drink and some desert on our normal evening there but on this occasion I had to leave as this woman was making me so angry!!! Before we left I wanted to have a word with this woman but she had disappeared to the kitchen, I spoke to the manager who didn't have the nerve even apologies that we had to witness this throughout or meal, he said he would have a work with the woman and I really hope he did. Felt so sorry for this young man, couldn't do right for wrong, its these kind of people that deter young college students from carrying on in the profession that they want!! What was wrong to pull him to one said and having a quite word rather than broadcasting it and belittling him in front of everyone!!

2  Thank AntandNic12
There are newer reviews for The Bull Inn

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have been to the Bull dozens of times over the last 3 years. It has been excellent food at a ridiculously cheap price. I am moved to write this because of adverse comment recorded about the food and the landlord, most unfair. Being accustomed to beautiful meat from the carvery, on our last visit, the beef was undoubtably tough, although this was the first time ever. This was mentioned to the landlord. The tough beef was removed from the carvery within minutes.
The landlord listened, and acted. We will be back, one bad experience in 50+ is 0n the low side, the Landlord does not deserve criticism, he is doing a grand job overall

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We like eating here and we visit approx 2/3 times a month on average on weekdays its excellent value for money we always go for the carvery which has never been disappointing and you can get more than your moneys worth out of it. The staff have always been very nice and helpful there is one lady who works at the bar who is lovely and always makes us feel welcome and makes a fuss of my little one which is nice some places make you feel unwelcome when you have little ones but we've always had a warm welcome here. Its clean has a good menu selection, value for money , nice friendly staff and free WiFi which for us is a big thums up as we can access sky apps or Netflix to keep our little one entertained :) all in all a good place to eat :)

2  Thank d w
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went for a family Sunday lunch at the bull, it's a lovely pub on the inside and unless your in early it can be hard to get a table as it seems to be a very popular place to go for a Sunday Cavery. Once we all had ordered the Cavery option and there was a choice of beef turkey and ham or you can have a mix of either, I opted for the roast beef and then played the rest of my meal with vegetables, roasties and stuffing. As I started to eat my meal I found the roast beef so tough to cut and even chew!! It was also very dry which is very disappointing and the vegetables were bought in frozen produce which is awful when your paying £8.49 for a roast dinner!! I can say I've had much better quality elsewhere and for the same price where I know the meat is of better quality ad the vegetables are fresh produce. This Sunday roast was so bad I could not finish my meal and left most of it uneaten, I would strongly advise people to go elsewhere for a Sunday Cavery as the quality the bull provide is not worth the £8.49 price tag and I will not be dinning here again.

1  Thank HS1992
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited this year and all I can say is we left disappointed and won't go back, one bad visit ok but the Landlord was rude, dismissive and didn't care, take my money elsewhere. Food was at best canteine standard and if you want a cheap carvery and in and out ok but that's it. Shocked as it use to be great. I hope they turn it around!!!