“Excellent ferry”

Stena Line Limited - Day Trips
Ranked #5 of 33 things to do in Holyhead
More attraction details
Owner description: Stena Line, one of the world's leading ferry companies, offers low fares and a speedier ferry travel service to Ireland, Britain and Holland. With our extensive route network, Stena Line gives you more flexibility and choice. As well as a range of hotel breaks, self-catering, landbridge holidays and the option to travel by car, by rail, by coach or on foot, you will enjoy excellent service and value for money. Book early and online for our lowest fares
Auckland Central, New Zealand
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent ferry”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Travelled on this ferry on my way to Amsterdam. It surpassed by expectations in most areas. Just loved it. From the time I got off the train in Harwich to the disembarking in Hoek van Holland (and the return leg) things were great. We did, however, have to use the bus on the English side to gain access as there was no gangway but that was no biggie. The cabin suited my needs (to sleep) and the rest of the ship was great to explore.
I had both the dinner and the breakfast and I felt that these were not up to the standard of the rest of the ferry. It was like having a three star meal in a five star hotel.
The sailing was smooth and arrived on time.
Would travel again when I am in that part of the world.

1 Thank Roborhodie

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Wales
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Excellent trip on the HSS Explorer”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Crossed on HSS Explorer fast ferry Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire, 24 hour ticket stayed over in Dublin 1 night. Crossing was excellent, service was good, food excellent. Brilliant day out for all family especially the bridge visit, amazing. Thank you all

Visited June 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Cairnryan-Belfast, and return”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stena line's new facilities (well, late 2010 opening) are excellent.
The access is well signposted, on both sides ot the Irish sea.
The check-in is easy and efficient, and even on a busy day you dont have to wait long to check in.
Facilities on the Fast Ferry ( I was on the Fastferry VII both ways) are excellent, with a well stocked shop and good restaurant and bar facilities. There's also a cinema, quiet space and kiddies area.
The whole ship is well maintained, kept clean and looking great by very friendly and helpfull staff :-)
Well done, Stena Line!! I will most certainly return :-)

Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Very Accommodating for me”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was ill and asked to see a nurse, although they didn't have one, the first aid gentleman was very helpful. He checked on me every hour and brought me water and provided me with free toast. The front desk also put me up in a cabin to lie down.

I was impressed and felt well taken care of throughout the journey.

1 Thank fortheplanet7
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Cruise to Holland in style and comfort!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

My Wife and I travelled to Holland between 07/05/13 and11/05/13.
Used Stena Lines 'Dutch Flyer' rail/sail service aboard Hollandica/Britannica.
Comfort class cabin was great. Clean & well appointed. Mini bar & tea/coffee making facilities. Fruit bowl. Big window. Digital TV - channel 5 gives you a bridge eye camera view - how cool is that?
Breakfast was OK but a bit if a free for all. Evening food was ok.
Only criticism of the service was that on the homeward leg you are rushed at the evening meal and again at breakfast. For example woken at 5:30, breakfast at 6am, off the boat 6:30. Same with the evening meal. Stuff was being packed up (@9.30), whilst we were getting our food.
Other than that both boats very good. Smooth sailing, good service etc.
The rail part of Stena's Dutch Flyer service all went to plan. Trains waiting each end.
One tip - avoid Dutch morning rush-hour services to Amsterdam. You'll end up standing for most of the 90 minute journey. Don't change at Scheidam Centraal as recommended, go to Rotterdam Centraal and get the Sprinter to Amsterdam (if that's where you're headed). It's a more direct route & quicker. Avoid the stopping service as it takes forever.
Other than that it's a nice chilled out way to get to Holland.
As my wife put it 'A bit of an adventure' and worth considering as a comfortable alternative to 'Squeezey Jet' etc.

4 Thank Klubfoot