“Food of high quality”

Cuisines: Indian, Sri Lankan
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was recommended by my B .B owner. The tika Massala was creamy and well presented. Very friendly and worth a visit.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We really enjoyed the meal we had. We didn't order any starters but were treated to a basket of poppadums with dips which went down really well. Our main courses were a chicken korma which was one of the creamiest I've ever tasted, a lamb gosht and another lamb curry (sorry, can't remember which). The only problem was that none of us had any room for dessert. At the time we ate, the restaurant was empty - I can't understand why.

1  Thank flutemike
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Have been to Saffron's a few times now and ordered a couple of takeaways. The food is delicious and always to the best standard- you know exactly what you're getting with Saffron's.

Looking forward to working my way through their menu, everything sounds so nice.

5* rating from me

2  Thank MariFflur
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited here last night, and was I very disappointed, after eating the poppadoms that tasted of stale oil we ordered the chicken tikka starter, spicy lamb chops and prawns, have to admit the prawns were very nice but the chicken tikka was very dry and the chops were like shoe leather, both were sent back and the chops returned exactly the same and were duly sent back again

I then cancelled the main courses as i had no confidence the meals would be cooked properly

The whole episode was dealt with terribly by the waiter who was clueless and he didn't seem to know what to do, while we where waiting he brought three meals to other customers and didn't know what had been ordered and said "who's ordered the chicken" and they all had, he didn't know any of the dishes which had to be ordered by number not description !

Now I understand people make mistakes BUT no apology was made and no manager came out to apologise, we had a "sorry" through gritted teeth on the way out

Won't return

3  Thank Travelling_Fox
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Me and my boyfriend had a meal at saffrons this weekend! And we thoroughly enjoyed it! Such a lovely meal, home cooked food and a very homely place!
Highly recommended, it's a shame people haven't tried it as this restaurant should be busy!
Staff very welcoming and friendly! We will certainly be returning!

2  Thank Lwlegs