“mexican food”
Review of Escelantes Mexican - CLOSED

Escelantes Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Escelantes - Beautiful mexican food in Holyhead, Anglesey. Authentic, fresh and tasty with friendly service and a great atmosphere. Dining-in and takeaway / delivery.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was passing through holyhead last night on our ay to Ireland, We had a few hours to spare , so we took a walk through holyhead town to try some food, Plenty of choise within the town itself, We decided on a mexican, The staff were very friendly and pleasant,The food and service was excellent, Would highly recommend to all.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Decent food, good variation and quality
Excellent price
Very friendly staff, starting business, really worthwhile to support!!
Nice accomodation
I wish them lots of success!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

first time for me to go for mexican food,we tried various things..chicken in sweet chillie garlic sauce with mexican rice and wedges..followed by belfian waffle it was heaven..i will be back there, great restaurant..friendly atmosphere..and fantastic staff..looking forward to the next visit..shame your not based in caernarfon,i think u would see me daily as u have plenty of choices on your menu..thank u for the welcome and lovely food :-)

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We visited last night and are from caernarfon , the food was so good i ended up bringing some home with me !! We visit all of north wales and travel for hours when weve found a "gem" and i can assure you we WILL be going regularly here -5* themed restaurant too

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I dont usually leave reviews, but the food and service I recieved from Escelantes, just made me want to inform others.

I was visiting some relatives and we decided to order some food. After a quick group vote Mexican was decided as the meal of choice, so we decided to try Escelantes. This was a decision that we came to regret.
We rang the order through at 20.15 and told it would take 45 mins at the most and would definitly be with us for 21.00. We sat down and continued to enjoy our evening. 21.00 came and went and no sign of the food, so decided to give them a ring just to check on the order. Was told that the driver was on the way and the food would be with us soon. As Escelantes was only 5 mins away, we sat and waited.
5,10 15 mins went by and still no food, I rang again and was told how sorry they where but the food was this time out with the driver. 15 mins later the food finally arrived.
What a total disapointment, none of the food was labeled, and was totally undistigushable. We ordered nachos, and Escelantes had some how managed to perfect a method of totally carbonising the top of the nachos, to the point that they crumbled to dust when you touched them, and yet the bottom was a soggy mush of gloop.
The rest of the food was equally disappointing, and went from being totally bland to unedable.
I can not warn people enough.......DONT EAT AT THIS PLACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Ann_at_TBay