“Ideal for a quick break”
Review of Wavecrest

Wavecrest
Ranked #2 of 24 Holyhead B&B and Inns
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a quick break”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Peaceful and comfortable bed. A big breakfast to fill you up for the day. Easy walk to ferry and pubs. The promenade is a gentle walk which leads to the long breakwater. Plenty of information from the friendly owner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Treated well by all involved. I was given good recommendations for places to visit. There are some lovely places close by non more so than the South Stack. Owner drove me there without any charge. I phoned direct for a cheaper deal and it really was a good deal.
Breakfast was great with a lovely veggie option.
Will be back for more exploring and good food!

Room Tip: Phone direct (rather than online) to get a cheaper deal.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Farncis L
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I traveled from Lancaster Pennsylvania to Dublin and then Wales and then London this spring. We hadn't done great planning and needed to reach a suburb of London by a certain time by train. Unfortunately, our assumptions about train schedules were incorrect but the Wavecrest owner came to our rescue by taking care of booking the train tickets for us and helping us not miss our event. We had a good night's rest and wished we had planned for more time in Wales. We hope to return and when we do we will be staying at Wavecrest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret_Leid
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a warm enough welcome and the breakfast was superb. Information sheet in the room was a bonus for food in the area but I must sadly say the town is very tired and the room equally so. I have no complaints about the cleanliness but, and I've stayed in many, many B&Bs, this is over priced for what it is.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank andyzot
Maryport, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Was greeted with "I have been trying to contact you at home as there is a problem with your booked room". Bit pointless ringing me in the Lake District when I am away I would have thought. With me hobbling on my walking stick he walked us a few hundred yards away to another B&B that he had got us in to. Although the new B&B was very pleasant it cost us more with a Continental breakfast than the original booking with a cooked breakfast. I booked the hotel via LateRooms.com (as I do with all of my bookings) and will respond appropriately when they ask for my review !

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to avoid possible disappointment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave H
holyheadcarl, Owner at Wavecrest, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
I attempted to telephone.(you had not forwarded your mobile) as the en-suite WC was leaking and had to be closed. I decided to re-loctae in a similar establishment that uses Late Rooms agency. I offered you a lift in my car for the short walk,however offered to walk. I carried your cases and offered my apolgises. Very unfair to mark me down like this in such circumstances.
These things do happen and I found a nice B & B as an alternate. I asked if you were happy with a continental type breakfast and you agreed.Otherwise I would have invited you both round for a full cooked breakfast.i
greenock
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This place was ok for a night or 2 but had some issues. Firstly wasn't very cheap considering it wasn't en suite. The door to our room was very very hard to close as it was seriously out of line with the lock. The shower wasn't great either and parking can be hard. The breakfast was good and the staff were nice. The TVs were tiny. Across the street was much nicer and cheaper. Overall ok but unless you really have to visit Anglesey then avoid, the place is like a ghost town.

• Stayed September 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Despite poor feedback of Holyhead I was pleasantly surprised of the area.
The owner was friendly and advised me to hire a bike and explore Holy Island. The coastline has to be one of the most stunning in UK. Cliffs and beaches. The country park is also a lovely too .
Wavecrest caters mainly for Ferry customers I was here for a racing event which Prince William attended. Met some lovely people from different parts of the World. I had use of a fridge and garage to leave my kit and bike etc.
The breakfast was just the protein I required for my day ahead.
I will be back and thanks for looking after me!

Room Tip: Nice walk to Malas bistro at the Yacht club!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyhead
Travelodge Holyhead Hotel
Blackthorn Farm
Blackthorn Farm
#1 of 24 in Holyhead
South Stack Coastal Retreats

Been to Wavecrest? Share your experiences!