“Was once the best in Holyhead - and now? - Well, read on!”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Holyhead
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Thank goodness this establishment has started serving alcohol again. Whoever it was who banned it last year certainly knew how to kill a business with one blow! - However, things are now on there way back to normality. The food, service, and the friendliness of the staff is still excellent - One word of warning though: Don't sit near the window or door, as it can get pretty draughty there, and in summer you will be like a goldfish in a bowl to passers by, whilst being blinded by the sun, - plus the fact that they have recently installed a very distracting TV in that area, which at my request was turned 'OFF'! - As a possible returning customer, I will be keeping a close watch on how this establishment progresses, as there are still a few issues to address. For example, at the time of our visit (the four of us were the only customers in the place) a member of the owner's family who had been 'loitering' in the takeaway area, came and sat at the table next to ours (not to eat), and not only did she fiddle with her blasted 'pinging' iPhone all the time, but she then started talking loudly in her native language ACROSS our party to the bar staff on the other side of the room whilst we ourselves were in conversation - If the owner of this establishment reads this, "Sir, please will you address these problems accordingly, as I can assure you that if you do your business will be restored to the 5-Star status it deserves"?

2  Thank Ian B

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Ordered a takeaway from here on a Saturday evening. The gentleman on the phone was very polite and told me our meals would be with us within an hour. Sure enough our order arrived within 45 mins, was piping hot and everything was there what we had ordered. The meals were fantastic! VERY tasty and obviously cooked fresh. The naans were baked fresh and not 'nuked' as so often you get these days with some takeaways. I eat in many Indian restaurants and for a takeaway meal this has got to rank into my top 5. I was that impressed i even phoned the manager back to compliment him.... it was that good!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a very seedy little Indian restaurant with not a lot going for it, least of all the decor is appalling in deep red throughout with the tables and chairs less comfortable than a railway carriage.
The food was barely average as was the service but overall the impression given by the whole demeanour of the place and with 6 of us crammed on a table for 4 was not relaxing or welcoming. Tap water was the most foul tasting I have ever tried outside of a 3rd world country.I suspect it was because two of us didn't want their overpriced non alcoholic beer and ordered water instead.On returning to our accommodation 4 out of the 6 of us were experiencing griping stomach pains. Also on my return tested the tap water there..Absolutely perfect without any residue taste. Previously in the past we have eaten here and was definatley NOT the same people running the place..so i would think a change of owners has occurred. I travel there at least 3 times per year but we shall not eat in this Indian again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had two meals delivered to our holiday house. Delivery was a little slow but the food was well worth waiting for. Chicken Dhansak highly recommended.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went camping in Treaddur bay and was told about this restaurant so we tried it on the 16th August and was very impressed, service was good, food was gorgeous, would recommend this restaurant and will return again when next in the area.