“Take Away - excellent!!”
Review of Mandarin Royale

Mandarin Royale
Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Holyhead
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We ordered take away from this restaurant on new years eve. It was superb in quality and excellent value for money, as a bill for four of us only came to just over £30. The kung po chicken was a very generous portion and beautifully cooked; tender chicken bursting with flavour. The child chicken and crispy duck was also excellent. It's easily the best quality Chinese in the area.

1  Thank LlyrM

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Seemed good food here but little atmosphere. Perhaps as we went on a Sunday quite early on. In fact we thought it was shut as they had the closed sign on the door.
The food was good. The duck a little fatty and we could've done with a bit more rice but a pleasant place to eat out in a town where the food can be very hit and miss.
The mix if Thai and Chinese was a good idea. Kids eat the Chinese and the adults the hotter Thai food. All happy!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I ordered vegetable spring rolls when dining with my friends. I started eating then i realised it smelt of meat. I opened it up only to find meat inside. I called the waiter over and explained i was vegetarian, he was standing with the manager. He took it away and then came back and told me there had been a mix up as something was wrong with the machine that made them. At no point did the manager come over to see if everthing was ok,quite the opposite he decided to make a joke about it. He didnt even appologise when we were paying. He deducted the spring rolls off the bill. But i advise any vegetarians to be aware when ordering. Or like me just stay away.

2  Thank lorHolyhead
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I have given this place the benefit of the doubt twice as i really wanted it to be good, to save me going to jade village menai bridge for my weekly take away, but it has disappointed yet again. My chicken dish was basically 5 small pieces of chicken in a watery sauce with about 3 whole onions chopped in, i couldn't believe that i had paid so much for it, the smell of onions as i opened the take away box blew me away and i heaved just by attempting a mouthful, all i eat was the rice! I've given them two chances and will not be back will have to stick to my 35 minute round trip to menai bridge

2  Thank eilatandoyll
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We ate last week and I am afraid the Thai food was not really Thai food. I have travelled the world eating this delicious food and this was not it. sorry.

3  Thank dave22222345