“Lunch”

Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, locally produced and welcoming staff. Parking was close by and easily accessible by road. Views of the harbour were fantastic but cloudy when I arrived but still the water was clear and added to the enjoyment of the experience of lunchtime at the bistro

1  Thank RRKJones

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My absolute favourite place to eat. We have family who live nearby so try to come here at every visit. It is small but perfectly formed and the food is always fantastic. Service is top notch and it's very child friendly. Chilly days on the decking are dealt with by Andy giving out snugly blankets. Perfect x

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are another very satisfied TA couple! Similar to previous reviewer we noted this bistro on your list & given we were staying on Holyhead mountain felt we must try it! I agree that it is not easy to locate but ask a local & head for the maritime museum. I had lovely succulent king prawns & my hubby the huge & delicious welsh beefburger. Everything we had was excellent and the price extremely reasonable. The waiter was friendly & efficient. Great views over the bay.Cant wait to go back !

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Following some disappointments whilst on holiday in Anglesey we turned to Trip Advisor and after seeing the Harbour Side Bistro ranked #1 we set off to find it! It was a challenge so I feel it may be helpful to warn anyone following in our footsteps that this bistro is at the sea side of the Maritime museum.
When we arrived and walked through the door we were pleasantly welcomed but sadly the strong smell of the deep fat frying made me doubt that we had come to the right kind of place. However, I couldn't have been more wrong. We both had the sea bass fillets with ginger, lime and pineapple salsa served with herby potatoes. Yummy! The fish couldn't have tasted fresher and it was served really well. As it was lunch time we decided to share a desert and this was no problem to the hosts. We had Belgian waffle with sautéed banana, toffee ice cream and cream, it was fabulously indulgent. The meal was perfectly finished with very good quality coffee.
We had a table by the window and we thoroughly enjoyed this lunch treat.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Went to the Harbourfront on the basis of the Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. All of the food was delicious and was fairly priced. The restaurant also has a nice ambience. We had Chicken Liver Pâté and Fish Chowder as starters. For our main courses we chose the special of Welsh Beef Burgers. For dessert we had Lemon & Lime cheesecake and Crème Brûlée.

The Pâté was homemade and very tasty with a chutney on top which balanced the flavour very well, there was lots of bread and nicely dressed side salad. My husband had the Chowder and said it was really good. It wasn't a creamy Chowder like you would normally get but a tomato based fish soup and all the better for it. The burgers were proper thick, juicy burgers and I thought they were attractively priced. The cheesecake was really good and unusual as it had a ginger biscuit base.

I like the fact that the food portions were generous as I don't like it when restaurants are mean (and a lot of them are)! I thought the service was good too and it's not always easy to balance when you have guests coming and going.

In conclusion, I can't believe it has taken us this long to try the Harbourfront and we will definitely be back. We will tell our friends too!