“If Fish & Chips is your dish, this is the place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Valley Fish & Chip Shop - CLOSED

Valley Fish & Chip Shop
Cuisines: Fast Food, British, Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Holyhead, United Kingdom
“If Fish & Chips is your dish, this is the place”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very easy access from main road, Superb good size portions from a really clean chip shop. Very Good value and a tasty product

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank John C

Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Good old fashioned chippy”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Family run straight down the line, quality fish and chip shop. With the option of eat in or take away. A very good menue for children.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Richard B
“Fresh fish? I think not!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Ordered fish, 2 portions of chips and gravy. A note in the display cabinet states that food in the cabinet is for display only so I was shocked to be given the fish from there!! ALTHOUGH the two people in front of me had their fish cooked to order! I had seen her get 3 fish from the back but only drop 2 in the fryer and put the other one back. She most likely though that it was the end of the day and because I had only ordered one fish that she'd give me the shrivelled old thing sat in the display.
When I asked how long the fish had been sat there the woman behind the counter got really angry and said they were busy and that it had been there 2-3 minutes. Soggy batter would not happen in that time frame and if they call 2 customers in front of me busy then the business isn't exactly booming.
As I paid, the woman took my money, looked at the customers in front of me, gave me the most filthy look and shook her head in disgust at me! As I was paying! Who does she think she is I don't know?!? Show some respect! I left in such a temper and wish I had refused the food and hadn't handed overly money! Eating the food was just as bad as the experience in the hell hole.
The chips were like cardboard and warm, (hardly fresh considering they were soooo 'busy') and I didn't get my gravy, incapable server!! Sorry to have wasted my money in such a horrible place! I don't know what the stupid woman's problem is but she better get her act together before someone gives her a taste of her own medicine ( I hope someone does to be honest)!
Will never waste my money there ever again, horrible greasy food coupled with the worse customer service in history! Wish I could give this zero stars as it isn't worth a single decent word said about the place!!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank CarysX
Kings Lynn
“Faultless”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Am quite shocked that I've read such bad reviews for this place . I stopped off here today and it was completely opposite to what I've just read . I was served by a lovely girl called Katie , who was very friendly and served me some of the best fish and chips I've ever tasted . Delicious ! Such a shame I live so far away , but will definately be back when I'm next in the area .

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lorrettafandango
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Really nice place”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Popped in on our jollies and was a very nice lunch, good value for money, really nice staff, nothing more to say, quality grub!

• Visited May 2013