“Beautiful b&b!”

Witchingham Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 25 Holyhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Absolutely loved staying here for the night before we caught our ferry to Dublin. Nice location. Really clean and cozy and afforable. It was comfortable and enjoyable.We wished we had an extra night. I would choose this place to stay again without a secobd thought. No complaints.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Jade P

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here for the night, before getting the ferry to Ireland. I booked a family room for myself and my 3 year old twins (our first hotel stay alone!). It was really easy to find and is really close to the ferry port, and in a quiet residential area.

The hosts could not have been any nicer. They were genuinely lovely people. We were met and straight away they took my twins off to see their cats (which they loved!!). We arrived a bit later than intended and they had kindly put the bed side lights in our room on. I paid the £4 (per adult) for the breakfast and they encouraged my girls to pick what breakfast cereal they wanted in the morning (a massive treat as they only get Weetabix or shreddies in my house!!)

The room was lovely. It was tastefully decorated and there was a kettle to make a cuppa (and packs of biscuits). It was spotlessly clean and a good size too. We all had a really good night's sleep there.

The breakfast was nice. It was a self service, which was great as we had to get up at 6.30 in order to get the ferry. There was cereal, toast, yoghurts, fruit, tea, coffee and fruit juice (I might have missed some) It was perfect for that time in the morning.

I managed to lock us out of the room at 6.30 am and after dragging out breakfast for as long as I dared (before leaving for the ferry), I had to wake up the owner (sorry!). She was absolutely lovely (despite being woken at the crack of dawn).

All in all a lovely stay. I would have liked to have stayed longer ( as there seemed to be a lot to do in the local area - a couple of parks, a really close walk to the sea, a lighthouse in the distance).

Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank clare v
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked via booking.com whilst we were still on holiday in the Middle East. Wanted a local B and B whilst doing the Tour de Mon. Just up the road, ideal location. Clean, neat, tidy, warm, simple breakfast but just what was needed for an early start. Great. Will certainly do again next year.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank t2cps
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I booked this B&B through hotels.com,as a courier driver i had a long day and wasn't due back into Holyhead till 00.45am from the sailing from Dublin.I eventually got through to the B&B after a few phone calls and told them it will be about 1am when i arrive,They kindly left the key inside the porch to let myself in and to my bedroom,the bedroom was first class,thick plush carpets,beautifully decorated,tea,coffee & biscuits,the owners even left the bedside lamps on for me.If you wanted the self service breakfast you had to leave £4 in your room but as it was only cereals,fruit,yogurt,tea & coffee,toast etc i declined and got a big breakfast from McDonalds down the road !.Apart from making contact with the owner by phone i never saw anyone and let myself out in the morning.This might put some people off but i quite liked the freedom this way.Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank thefoxesleicester
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Could not have been happier with our accommodation en route to Ireland. The accommodation is extremely good and the hosts just so friendly and helpful, with terrific advice about a great place to eat. The room was spotless, beautifully appointed and the bed very comfortable.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ckhamm
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We recently stayed at Witchingham B&B before catching the ferry to Ireland. Our room was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The owners could not have been more helpful and pleasant. Claire even booked a dinner reservation for us at a local restaurant on the water - lovely! I recommend this B&B to anyone staying in Holyhead, as the location to the ferry and other sights on Anglesey is ideal. As cat lovers, we loved the resident felines!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 860happytravels
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We booked online, and when we arrived Witchingham , it more than met our expectations. A very easy place to locate. The owners and manager were very accommodating and friendly. Our room was just lovely...smallish but adequate and a quiet haven at the end of a long 6 weeks.
The room was immaculate and tastefully decorated. The self help breakfast was great. There are restaurants nearby for evening meals and the ferry is 5 minutes away. There is a pleasant easy 2 minute walk down to the waterfront from here.
If you have a car we recommend the trip to South Stack lighthouse...a very scenic area and interesting.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyhead
Travelodge Holyhead Hotel
#1 of 25 in Holyhead
Wavecrest
Wavecrest
#3 of 25 in Holyhead

Been to Witchingham Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!