“Coastal Spirit Sea Kayaking Anglesey, fabulous time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Anglesey

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
6 helpful votes
“Coastal Spirit Sea Kayaking Anglesey, fabulous time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

From the very first e-mail to Roger at Coastal Spirit I felt assured that I was in very capable hands. My e-mails were answered very quickly by him and any questions I had were fully dealt with. We arranged to meet on the morning of the first day at the Porth Daniel boatyard, from where we walked to the lovely local Bistro/Cafe for a great coffee. During breakfast I was able to give Roger an idea of my experience and he demonstrated how he had made the decision to choose the location for the day using charts, tide table, weather forecasts and maps, this re-assured me that I was indeed in capable hands for the day.

We then travelled in his well equipped van to the north of the island where we unloaded the gear, what a nice feeling to put on a dry wetsuit, he rinses and dries the wetsuits at the end of each day, unlike some of his competitors!

The wind if I remember was force 3 North Westerley causing a half metre swell, I had never kayaked in these conditions before but under Roger's superb instruction coped very well and more importantly...had a great time.

The second day was in the Menai Strait where we experienced more wind and some interesting currents. We had a couple of stops to stretch legs and take on board food and water, oh and fresh plums straight off the tree!! One interesting stop was at the foot of one of the bridge support pillars, very unusual.

During the day Roger took a number of photos which he e-mailed to me, this was a nice touch as I had not got any from my previous outing with another company.

To sum up I would say that "Coastal Spirit" delivers more than you could reasonably expect and I will certainly be going back.

Chris Dooley.

6 Thank chrisdooley
Anglesey
3 helpful votes
“Holiday Cottage Rental on Anglesey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

I am a first time visitor to this site and was only recommended hotels, but we opted for a self catering property with Coastal Holidays. I just wanted to say that as a regular visitor to Anglesey we always have a wonderful time - this week-end we watched the raft race from Caernarfon to Menai Bridge in brilliant sunshire with Snowdonia in the background. We rented a holiday house in Red Wharf Bay called The Quay - which has spectacular views and WE WILL BE BACK.

1 Thank angleseybird

Been to Anglesey? Share your experiences!