“Tranquil setting....”

Cornerstones Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 26 Llangollen B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband, myself and our dog stayed in the suite 2 years ago for my 40th birthday and back then you had a living room, bedroom and a wet room. The main reason we stayed was because they allowed dogs and you had your own door to outside in case we needed to nip out with our dog in the night. I phoned Carole on the off chance that the suite was available for the one night this last week and they were, she said that they know had an area in the garden that you could sit out in and was £20.00 extra but was for your sole use so we said yes. When we got there we did as before, parked up outside on the double yellow lines then rang Carole and she came within 30 seconds and we unpacked the car and was given a free permit for the car park. When she was showing me the room you know have the use of the kitchen in the cellar which leads out into the garden. This is where you have breakfast (which used to be in the living room) and you can make your own coffee/tea and even bring back a takeaway if you wanted to as there was everything you need in there. This is now like a little house and for the extra for the garden it is well worth it. I would not stay anywhere else when visiting Llangollen as we found a little gem 2 years ago. Hubbie said don’t tell too many people about it as we won’t be able to book when we want to go back as she will be full.

Room Tip: The bedroom in the suite is at the back so you don't get any road noise only the noise of the ri...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ginnyA

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Ludlow is a touristy little town on a rushing river. Cornerstones is located on a side street, but it backs on the river. The room (suite!) we stayed in had views in both the bedroom and bathroom of the river. The bathroom was extraordinary. A big claw-foot tub AND a nice glassed shower in the largest bathroom I've ever seen. I worked at the writing desk in the bathroom (good wifi), an interesting experience. On arrival, we had to bang on the door a bit to get someone's attention, but other than that the stay went very well. A plus was that I left my computer cord in the room and the staff held it for me for my return a day later.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2014

A wonderful place to stay, quirky, interesting rooms and the best English breakfast. The staff Carole and Karen plus others were so helpful, they helped me to organise local trips when changes had to be made to my itinerary. Nothing ws too much trouble as they went out of their way to make sure that I could do the Stream in the Sky canal boat trip and then join my hotel boat later near Chirk. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Pam K
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Thankyou cornerstones stayed in the suite it was great you can listen to the river all night it's so relaxing they thought of everything ,had sherry and sweets ,hot drink making facilities with fresh milk in little mini fridge and not cartons tv with DVD and drawer full of DVDs wet room was lovely even had shaving foam and disposable razors ,shampoo conditioner cleanser and cotton wool balls ,sewing kit shoe cleaning kit and first aid kit ,hair dryer and straighteners never seen anywhere this well equipped before breakfast was served in our suite in the morning you ring 15 mins before and it is all cooked fresh for you ,fresh fruit yogurts cereals fresh orange juice freshly ground coffee and a choice of cooked breakfast once again thanks for a fab stay ,staff lovely too x

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Just spent 2 nights in the suite, which is totally private, with it's own entrance, large lounge/dining area, bedroom over looking the river and wet room. The accommodation provides everything you could need from a full range of toiletries, huge premium quality towels, hair dryer and straighteners to sweets, DVDs and a carafe of sherry! The lovely fluffy bath robes were a nice touch too.

The bed was wonderfully comfortable with crisp cotton sheets and huge soft pillows, and with the rushing of the river outside the window, a perfect nights sleep was guaranteed. Breakfast was amazing... With a range of cereals in the room readily available with fresh milk in the little fridge, and a huge cooked breakfast cooked to order and served in the suite from the kitchen next door.

I really can't fault our stay at all, everything and more was provided to make our stay memorable. If I had to be over critical I would say that the wet room could do with having the grouting freshened up and the shower could be a little more powerful but that is being really really picky as the whole place was spotlessly clean.

Thank you for a wonderful stay. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lesley C
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed 2 nights B&B. Chose the river view which was more expensive but was completely blown away by the view - and the bathroom, which is bigger than most hotel bedrooms. I found the bed a bit soft, but then again slept like a log so what do I know. The sound of the river rushing by was terrific and as a light sleeper was an instant cure for insomnia. Great hot breakfasts, with a decent selection of cereals, etc. I'd certainly stay again. Friendly host, and breakfast service was very efficient. And the wine bar across the road was brilliant.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and choose the river view or old red lion room. The bathroom view is amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EtheB
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed in the Townhouse which was amazing. Breakfast was tremendous - both the 'normal' and vegetarian....All the food was good quality and perfectly cooked!
People were lovely and could not have been more helpful.
Fantastic value.