See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2016

After reading some reviews i was more than a little worried about our booking, but as soon as we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, our room was modern and clean with en suite, constant hot water, and central heating. we ate in the restaurant the meal took almost 50 minutes to come out which was not a problem for us it was nice to feel relaxed and know that the food was cooked to order. Breakfast was a little wait to again not a problem for us. My husband chose the haddock and poached eggs and i had Welsh breakfast, gotta say mine was ok but i wished i had ordered the haddock :) :)
We had an enjoyable stay. :) :) :)

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol R
Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

All you haters should look further when booking a hotel as this has gave me everything I booked. From walking into the place I got treated like a local and at end of the night I am a local. Staff are fantastic and the food I can't find better words for. Oh and the moose on the wall is quite novel but all in all I can not wait til I get a chance to come back. I live under 2 hours away and will be back here before the month is out. If you like an ale come here selection is great with an on site micro brewery if you like a lager come anyway as kronenburg is good .it

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank frequentstaye
Reviewed March 27, 2016

We stayed here for 1 night in a family room and had 2 dogs with us. The room was huge and it had a lovely bathroom (all looked new)
The bargirl/receptionist (Emma?) was very friendly and helpful. The man (? Owner) was lovely too, very busy but very helpful. The area is stunning with lots to do.
The hotel had a large play area which kept the kids entertained. Also this hotel had an on site microbrewery (the beer is delicious)
It was all very clean and tidy.
Breakfast had lots of choices and they were very helpful (even giving us a table where we could have the dogs with us.

Room tip: Room 7 was great
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Abbey Grange Hotel Llangollen, we received a warm welcome on arrival from the Staff, we were Given A lovely double Room looking onto the hills, rooms are extremely warm both day and night,Food was very good, Pre book Sunday Lunch as resturant gets packed out, very popular for Sunday lunches , Breakfast was rather delayed, we waited around 50 minutes ,but full English lovely when it arrived, we had a lovely time,We had a lovely time , we would return again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

I would like to say that the Hotel was lovely . We stayed in room 4 which was as the rest of the Hotel in imaculately tidy condition .Check in was quick and trouble free and staff were very polite and helpful.It was nice to see chickens and sheep roaming by hotel and the pace of life slow which suited my self and my wife .Tried some of the real ale which was brewed by the micro brewery which is right next door to hotel which were excellent and had a lovely breakfast before we departed on our travels.
I would most definitely use this hotel again.
I read some of the negative reviews on this hotel which I thought unkind but you cannot please everyone.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple