“Best restaurant ever visited🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻”
Review of Manorhaus Restaurant - CLOSED

Manorhaus Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited at short notice and were bowled over with the amazing meals we had . The flavours on our plates were too numerous to mention . We could not find fault with anything and didn't want our meal to end . Have already recommended the Manorhaus to 3 people who are looking foreward to their fine dining experience. The welsh recipe book on sale is also worth a buy with recipes from some of the finest restaurants in Wales .we are deciding when to visit again . This is one of the cleanest restaurants we've been to and the service was excellent very friendly young man seemed to be doing bar front of house and waiting on it was early in the evening on a night when most would be saving for new year .and nothing was too much trouble .despite the very high standard there is no dress code we wore smart jeans and jumpers so ideal for majority of visitors who visit Llangollen .

4  Thank Max1Moo

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Excellent late afternoon dinner; ambience, food,choice of wines all first class - this is a major coup for Llangollen- quite the classiest dining out experience in the town...get down there before it gets too irksome to book!

2  Thank SteveD0
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have traveled and worked globally for the past two years but I decided to take my vacation with my french partner in my home town of Llangollen. Nervous to take my french food fanatic out for his dinner I decided to try this new restaurant. After booking a table we arrived and we was served with a welsh version of a mojito in the lounge area. After placing our order (Belly Pork and pine nut salad for starters followed by duck and rabbit mains).We then moved to the dining room which gave me a total shock to the new design (I previously dined here under the old ownership). It was a fantastic and beautifully decorated, it made me feel like I was in a top notch restaurant in Paris. My food arrived and the taste and presentation was spectacular, I don't think i had seen something like this in North Wales before. The service was great, the owner recommended his favorite wine which matched my partners french palette. This was a great way to introduce my partner my home town. Thank you Manorhaus!

5  Thank Sarah Alice D D
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Delighted to find that the standard of food and service of manorhaus Ruthin are replicated here. We stayed in a suite with an extremely comfortable bed and fabulous views across to Castell Dinas Bran. The whole place has been renovated to a really high standard and feels modern, sharp and stylish. Food was excellent. Service was very good. It was good to see both chris and Gavin who must be working their socks off to run both places although the relaxed and friendly atmosphere gives no hint of how hard they must be paddling under the surface. Really great addition to Llangollen.

3  Thank elizamWales
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Lovely modern rooms, nice rainfall shower in wet room. Bed was comfortable. Only complaint would be that it was cold. The heaters didn't get very hot. Also the bottle of water wasn't topped up in the room. Gavin was a brilliant host. Breakfast was delicious. Would stay again, probably in a room with a bath as the wet room is a bit small and the water goes everywhere.

1  Thank ms_lj86
gavinvharris, Owner at Manorhaus Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We are glad you had an enjoyable stay at manorhaus Llangollen, but are sorry that your room didnt get warm enough. Unfortunately as we have recently opened, teething troubles when the heating was called for resulted in a couple of luke warm radiators, and since your stay the system has been re-pressurised and radiators bled to ensure they get nice and hot. The temperature is easily controlled in each room with thermostatic valves that guests can set to their preference. Thank you for your comment and we hope to welcome you again.