“Great but .....”
Review of Bryn Howel Hotel

Bryn Howel Hotel
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Llangollen
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We've been going here for a few years and nothing has really changed..... Great staff that are always friendly and always willing to help.
Always enjoyed the food especially the breakfast!!
My only gripe lately is the manager ..... Booking .com asks no.of rooms ..... I entered 1. The price came back as £49.95. When my partner called the manager who then said it was £59.95 and that is per person.
We had this issue last time we stayed. They say they will match the price on booking.com (and always have) but I feel the new manager doesn't realise that the price on booking.com is per room not per person.
I've now booked in at the Wild Pheasant hotel for £45 per room ....... plus use of the spa. Shame really because I do love my stays at the Bryn Howell.....love the staff..... please sort the manager out so he knows what he's on about!
My only other moan is that you can't get wifi in your room. Only by reception

Room Tip: Poor service from manager, but all other staff are fantastic!! Rooms 16 is lovely with a jacuzzi bat...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryn-Howel-Hotel, Owner at Bryn Howel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Maria.L.
Thank you for your comment, This type of positive feedback is just what we require to ensure we are serving our customers to the very high standard which must be achieved here at Bryn Howel Hotel.

Clearly we have got it wrong in your case, We are working very hard indeed to ensure we have a clear and informative set of information available for all our many guests.

The rate advertised on all our web sites and others are matched TO THE PENNY, should you decide to book direct, we honor ALL on line prices regardless OF WHICH SITE Bryn Howel Hotel is ON OFFER with AT ANY TIME of the year.
Please consider that during your phone call to Bryn Howel Hotel you where offered an upgrade form our standard room to OUR LOVELY superior rooms at a discounted rate, which brought the price to £59.95 from £49.95 all our room prices include a full Welsh cooked Breakfast and Cold Buffet Breakfast .

This confusion WAS cause by offering a better deal than advertised, SOLELY due to late availability on the night in question,
I apologize for the confusion cause by my offer of a half price upgrade, it was clearly not put across correctly.
Please do not let my stupidity deter you from staying at Bryn Howel Hotel which is clearly your Favorite hotel from your comments,
Once again Thank you kindly for your comment , I trust this will not deter you from staying at the Famous Bryn Howel Hotel.

Kind regards

Mr Canavan

Managing Director

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stay in a lot of Hotels across the world with my work but do not review those just the ones I use for pleasure. We stopped here from the 1st until the 3rd Feb 2013. I have to say the rooms are a little tired and could do with modernising but understand it has just come out of administration so work in progress. The rooms were not that clean which was a shame and somebody needs to give the lift a deep clean really very akky.

The staff were superb really smiley helpful, and the new chef has obviously got something going because the food was very good, i was not expecting much but we had the dinner menu for nine of us and it was faultless not a gripe from anyone. So once they get sorted we will be back.

Room Tip: Have a look before you choose your room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed at this wonderful hotel set in lovely surroundings once again recently. The booking and check in went like a dream. The room was quite small but we were lucky enough to have been given a room with a larger bathroom with a jacuzzi style bath. We booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis and could not fault the meals or the service. We arrived on a day when the snow was about 10 inches deep. This made the scenery even more spectacular. All in all a lovely stay. We would recommend this hotel to anybody.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Good news to know that this lovely place has been bought after a period in administration and all the signs indicate a personal and professional input. The integrity of the space in front of the hotel has been maximised by the creation of a fountain area which ensures the absence of cars which are accommodated in the ample space at the side. Once weathered a bit, it will enhance the charm of the first impression. The excellent standards of hospitality are fully maintained - we had a comfortable room overlooking the tremendous view over Dinas Bran, and impeccably prepared and presented dishes for dinner. Breakfast was no less enjoyable. It was a pleasure to be greeted and later served by Bethan, a new employee who is fully bilingual and fits in so well with the ambience of Bryn Howel. Sorry at the ame time to miss Patrick, on his annual visit to family in Kenya...but there is always next time!
Very good wishes to the new owners - we look forward to your success in this delightful place. ...

Room Tip: We certainly prefer the original house in preference to the more modern annexe
2  Thank annlh
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We called here as we have been before and found the food very good, it has changed a little with a fountain in the front of building. Not suer on that as the building was lovely without it. It looks too new. Some of the nice staff have gone we noticed, shame as they were really nice.
I do like here though as we like llangollen a lot and it is just outside of there. you would need a car to travel from here to llangollen though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chesterflower
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My first visit for many years, a beautiful location as ever, but also a delightful lunch. It was Christmas lunch for over 100 but served promptly, hot, tasty and plenty of offers of seconds. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who are beautifully trained, friendly but not overbearing. We will be back, the Sunday lunch offer looks excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank sunshinelover978
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from my fourth stay this year at this beautiful hotel this hotel just gets better in every way the room we was given ( room38) was faultless lovely comfortable bed big fluffy quilt ( we just didnt want to get up in the morning ! but glad we did or we would have missed the excellent breakfast that the bryn howel never fails to please us with nearly every cereal you can think of all to help yourself a good selection of fresh fruits and yoghurts and a hot buffet with all the items you could possibly want and various breakfast juices and a very nice waiter or waitress that will bring you a rack of toast and as much pots of tea or coffee as you can drink ! seen many new faces this time since my last visit ( only about month ago) nice to see our old friends patrick and the lovely tracy on reception nothing is to much trouble for this pair they are genuinly lovely people and a credit to the hotel ! i stay at this hotel as its near to my fathers home but it is a real treat for me and my family to stay here as our base i didnt think it could get any better but it has and i can hardly wait for my next visit in the not to distant future ! love and best wishes to you all from the korkuts ( mansfield )

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank pinkhonda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangollen
White Waters Country Hotel
8 mi away
The Hand at Llanarmon
The Hand at Llanarmon
#2 of 2 in Llanarmon DC

Been to Bryn Howel Hotel? Share your experiences!