TripAdvisor
Llangollen
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews sauna and steam room executive room the penthouse lovely hotel under new management lovely bathroom buffet breakfast every member of staff toilet roll black pudding walk in shower the ground floor fantastic stay stayed one night evening meal birthday treat llangollen town
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely reception area and staff behind desk were very friendly, went to our room which smelt musty and had no towels which were delivered prompt once asked for, next morning breakfast was in a nice clean space with lots of choice but the hot food was luke warm at best which was a shame because lots of selection and still tasted nice

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a three-night stay - a get-away escape for myself and my wife - we chose Llangollen for a not too difficult drive from West Yorkshire, and the Wild Pheasant because it looked good on the site and had a great room with a walk-in-shower. Luck of the draw and we hit the jackpot.
It's a lovely hotel. Modern design, spacious, spotlessly clean. Every member of staff, young or old, was superb. Friendly, efficient, helpful. Any problem sorted instantaneously. Quiet, but to be expected in October. Breakfast buffet first class (but try not to get there late). I read a few negative reviews below. Honestly, some people are really hard to please.I don't understand them.The bedroom/en-suite was really large; a bit like the ones you see in films that only rich people have.
Two satisfied customers here.

Room tip: Ask reception. They are helpful and accommodating.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We Wasn’t made aware of extra prices for the spa use... it was not an issue, I would just like to have been made aware by either hotel reception upon arrival, or the spa receptionist!... Steam room was off and had a strong urine smell when opening the door. So not only a had we paid to use the facilities. But we wasn’t informed that some of the facilities were out of use.

In the hotel room Toilet was broken upon arrival, causing us to be waiting around to get ready, resulting in turning up late to a restaurant reservation... It was fixed no problem, but the repairs man made it clear that it was a reoccurring issue.

In the morning. We opted for no breakfast, to have a lie in... First time away from our 3 month old son... The room we were in was first in the corridor. Non/stop banging and slamming of doors from 6:45 onwards. People talking in corridors all morning too.

I recommend this hotel highly. But I strongly recommend for anyone not to stay in the room next to the restaurant! It feels like someone is in the room with you it gets that loud at times.

The hotel is beautiful and the grounds are breathtaking. I would return, I was just disappointed in the last visit

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent from arrival to departure and a 1 night stay to remember. We had lunch in the bar on arrival, dinner in the restaurant that evening, breakfast which was included in the room rate and a late lunch in the spa before we left. Each and every mouthful was excellent, made with local products and perfectly cooked.
Although I had booked a suite I was definitely wasn’t expecting the room that awaited, bigger than the average house and with everything you could ever need for a relaxing stay.
The perfect retreat for some wonderful food and a super relaxing spa finished off with fabulous staff in all areas

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed October 8, 2019 via mobile

Walked to the Wild Pheasant on a off chance the Spa could fit me in for a massage, I was only in the area for a couple of hours.
I was greeted by a lovely, young lady on reception, she was most helpful and polite. She took me down to the spa and actually managed to get me in for a massage. I was pleasantly surprised. I specifically chosen a aromatherapy massage, I knew I needed specific oils to target specific problems and asked if the pressure can be tough even with aromatherapy, (aromatherapy massages are usually softer touch but tailored to each client), she confirmed and booked me in. She shown me into the waiting room and I was offered tea, coffee and cold refreshments.
The therapists shortly arrived and prompted me to complete the record form. They were polite but you got the impression they were busy and you were just another person on their list. It wasn't the warmest welcome, one you'd expect in such a environment. I was taken to the treatment room, very briefly discussed the pressure of the massage and then told to get ready.
To begin the room had air con on and it was cold, when Gemma began massaging she too had cold hands and the oil was not very warm. It wasn't a comfortable start. The air con remained on throughout.
I did ask Gemma to apply more pressure and what was applied extra wasn't much different. This was on my lower back area, a area I asked her to concentrate on. I just thought I'd go with it as she might not be able to apply the pressure I wanted and I'd just have a pamper instead. However the message got a lot better at the shoulders and she really worked them, applying perfect pressure and worked on my terrible knots. It was perfect at that point. The neck area was too just touched upon briefly, a place where stress can usually be found.
I was offered water at the end and encouraged not to rush.
When paying I explained it wasn't a aromatherapy massage, basic oils were used, no armoa whatsoever which was what I was booked in for and now being charged for. Gemma explained they're all pre mixed oils. I am a therapist and I use oils on a daily basis. I was extremely disappointed to have been lied to in that way. I even saw the bottle in the room. It isn't even so much the £2 difference, it's the fact I requested aromatherapy and then lied to about it.
The Spa seemed clean and fresh and I throughly liked the space of relaxation rooms, treatment areas and the choice of refreshments.
It's a shame as I thought I was onto a winner to begin with but it has left a sour taste in my mouth to be lied to. I definitely felt like I was more inconvenient than convenient to their business. Shame.

Trip type: Traveled solo