“Charming location, excellent service.”
Review of Watson's Bistro

Watson's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Watson's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Conwy
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run Bistro in the historic town walls of Conwy. Everything is homemade such as bread, ice cream; our menus change at least 4 times a year with the seasons. We make our own gluten free bread and adapt our menu accordingly for any dietary requirements.
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I were travelling in Northern Wales for the first time. We were delighted with our server, Charlotte, who not only gave us fast friendly service, but also educated us about the area. The food was very good and well presented. We would definitely eat there again.

The Randalls, Peterborough, Canada

1  Thank Luisileahy

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I had planed to eat at Bistro Bach in Conwy, but found it closed and replaced by Watson's, so I gave Watson's a try. I had been intrigued by the Sole on the permanent menu, but they had a special Sea Bass entre the night I was there and the hostess recommended that over the sole. It was absolutely delicious, i'm glad that I stopped in and had it. They are a fairly new operation, only nine weeks, and I was there on Tuesday and they were not really busy. I'm sure as the word get's around that their business will pick up. The night I was there, the hostess (owner?) was the only waitstaff, with two others in the kitchen. She was kept quite busy with the small group that was eating. With many more they need to add waitstaff.

1  Thank straehle
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Recently ate dinner at Watson's Bistro with a party of 5. The menu choice was varied and unusual - the Great Orme Crab Risotto and the Mushrooms in Filo with poached egg particularly memorable starters.

The main courses all went down well, and we all enjoyed the lemonade in a shot glass in between courses. The crepe Suzette was lovely, particularly liked the accompanying ice cream.

My only criticism is that there was only one Vegetarian main course - lovely though it was, it would have been nice to have more than one dish to choose from. It also means that if I were to eat there again, I'd have to have the same thing.

Overall a great little restaurant, loved the food and would love to eat there again if they come up with some more veggie options!

1  Thank GermanShepherdDog
chef_eeConwy, Owner at Watson's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our Bistro on TA. We were delighted to read that you all enjoyed your meal. We are in the process of changing our menu which will include more variety of dishes including vegetarian options. Kind regards, all at Watsons.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

6 of us ate here and all agreed it was the best meal out we have had in ages. Food was lovely and reasonably priced, service and atmostphere were also excellent. I now believe this will become a regular haunt for evenings out.

Thank you for your kind words. It's good to know we are heading in the right direction. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

It was my 3rd Wedding Anniversary today and we were a little unsure where to go to celebrate as we wanted to go somewhere nice but not too far away from Conwy. We decided to try out the Watson's Bistro and we were very plesantly surprised.
The waitress was very nice and polite and the food was fantastic!
My husband and I both had three courses and they were all very appetising and presented in a lovely way. We had happened to mention to the waitress that we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and had a lovely surprise when it got to our Desert as the Chef had taken the trouble to write "Congratulations" on both of our plates in Chocolate which I thought was a lovely touch.
Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Bride31052008

Thank you for taking the time to review your lunch here at the Bistro. We were delighted to be able to make your anniversary a memorable one, we hope to welcome you back for your next anniversary!