“Friendly, Great food, Good experience all round”
Review of Watson's Bistro

Watson's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Watson's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Conwy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run Bistro in the historic town walls of Conwy. Everything is homemade such as bread, ice cream; our menus change at least 4 times a year with the seasons. We make our own gluten free bread and adapt our menu accordingly for any dietary requirements.
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Recently ate dinner at Watson's Bistro with a party of 5. The menu choice was varied and unusual - the Great Orme Crab Risotto and the Mushrooms in Filo with poached egg particularly memorable starters.

The main courses all went down well, and we all enjoyed the lemonade in a shot glass in between courses. The crepe Suzette was lovely, particularly liked the accompanying ice cream.

My only criticism is that there was only one Vegetarian main course - lovely though it was, it would have been nice to have more than one dish to choose from. It also means that if I were to eat there again, I'd have to have the same thing.

Overall a great little restaurant, loved the food and would love to eat there again if they come up with some more veggie options!

1  Thank GermanShepherdDog
chef_eeConwy, Owner at Watson's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our Bistro on TA. We were delighted to read that you all enjoyed your meal. We are in the process of changing our menu which will include more variety of dishes including vegetarian options. Kind regards, all at Watsons.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

6 of us ate here and all agreed it was the best meal out we have had in ages. Food was lovely and reasonably priced, service and atmostphere were also excellent. I now believe this will become a regular haunt for evenings out.

Thank you for your kind words. It's good to know we are heading in the right direction. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

It was my 3rd Wedding Anniversary today and we were a little unsure where to go to celebrate as we wanted to go somewhere nice but not too far away from Conwy. We decided to try out the Watson's Bistro and we were very plesantly surprised.
The waitress was very nice and polite and the food was fantastic!
My husband and I both had three courses and they were all very appetising and presented in a lovely way. We had happened to mention to the waitress that we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and had a lovely surprise when it got to our Desert as the Chef had taken the trouble to write "Congratulations" on both of our plates in Chocolate which I thought was a lovely touch.
Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Bride31052008

Thank you for taking the time to review your lunch here at the Bistro. We were delighted to be able to make your anniversary a memorable one, we hope to welcome you back for your next anniversary!

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Had a day off and hubby was home for a change so decided to go out for lunch! Hubby had hot Beef sandwich with melting stilton I had minted and rosemary juis wrap - Hubby didn't talk throughout lunch as was giving his beef sandwich much more attention than me! think it say's it all he really enjoyed it - same for me I loved the Wrap together with some hot crispy chips, WOW! Went back two days later for dinner with family - again fab we had the melted brie and pate then on to the most tender rib eye steaks then had to find room for the sweets couldn't fault anything, one family suddendly got cramp and straight away the attentive waitress got a glass of tonic water which is meant to help and it did the trick. Got chatting to other diners who also had thoroughly enjoyed there meal - we will be back!!!

1  Thank jackdaw22

Thank you for taking the time to write about your 2 meals at the bistro! It is good to know that we apear to be doing something right! We are in the process of changing the menu, so we hope to see you again to sample our new dishes.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

It is a shame I have to write negativlely about this restaurant but this is my unbiased opinion having been there for dinner recently. To summarise: Pleasant but inexperienced staff. Menu choice reasonable. I ordered the 'cassoulet': Although good in taste the portion size was just too small. The haricot beans hadn't been soaked long enough and they were still fairly hard. My partner wasn't overly impressed with her menu choice either.
Still feeling hungry I ordered chesse & biscuits. Good portion but fridge cold cheese shouldn't be served.

6  Thank duOreviews

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your review. We take all constructive criticism on board. We are continually doing in-house training and our new menu will be available shortly which we believe to be very competitively priced in this current financial climate. With regards to the cheese board, this has now been rectified and we fully agreed with your comment. We hope that if you are in the area again you will come back to our bistro and enjoy a better dining experience.