“Excellent location”

Ranked #7 of 7 Quick Bites in Conwy
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With its imposing castle and extensive town walls, Conwy boasts some of the finest military architecture in Europe. The castle and the town it dramatically overlooks both date from the late 13th century, and were laid out on the orders of King Edward I following his victory over the Welsh Prince Llywelyn ap Gruffudd. Conwy Castle was one of a chain of fortresses built to secure the English King's hold on North Wales, and was completed in just five years under the supervision of Edward's master Mason, James of St George. Fast-forward hundreds of years and Conwy still remains one of the most spectacular towns in North Wales with history around every corner. Whatever the occasion, we promise to make it one that you and your guests will remember for many years to come. With a full banquet menu along with a tailored one-to-one service to your tastes and budget, The Mulberry is perfect venue for weddings, civil partnerships, christenings, birthdays and wakes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pub/restaurant right on the edge of the marina. Plenty of seating both in and outside. The outside seating has an area sheltered from the wind which we found perfect in the early evening when it was getting cooler. Plenty going on, great for people watching.
Food and drinks ok, but they knew how to charge. The service was very good. Would use again when in the area.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My Mum and I visited here last week for lunch. I haven't been for a while and the decor has changed - beautiful and light! We had a quick ciabatta and a glass of wine which was extremely tasty.

Will call again when in the area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love this place. The staff were so friendly and efficient. The service was really quick, and we felt really welcomed. The food was amazing. And the view is to die for. And to top it off, the sun was shining. What better place to dine, when you have shopped all day in town.

1  Thank Shel1365
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly, will start by saying we have visited the Mulberry a handful of times once being for Christmas Day lunch last year which really was fantastic. To say we were disappointed Today is unfortunate.

Went for Sunday lunch hoping for a roast dinner only on arrival to be told the roast dinner isn’t starting until next Month, not quite sure what that is all about? Anyway had a look at the usual menu, which to be fair has a good variety of choice.

My husband had battered fish and chips, unfortunately half way through the meal this had to be sent back as the fish was slimy mushy and didn’t seem cooked. Instead he opted for half roast chicken chips and veg which was more edible but nothing overly special. Our Daughter had the same and she found a hair in her chicken but it was difficult to say whether this had occurred from the kitchen or off our daughter so we let that go as we had already complained.
Our Son had salmon fillet (tiny) with asparagus (3 pieces) and about 4 potatoes this is no exaggeration and at nearly £15 was absolutely shocking!
I had one of the burgers. In fairness the meat itself was cooked well and tasted good. The skinny fries are just simple like you would get in ASDA or somewhere and then bagged style salad which to be honest I didn’t touch because I like nice fresh crisp salad eg iceberg lettuce cucumber etc. With 4 drinks and the meals we were at £63 and unfortunately did not enjoy the experience and feel a bit sad to part with our hard earned cash for this. The lady who served us and took back/replaced the fish I couldn’t quibble with and was pleasant and apologetic but it’s just very just busy with very little customer service no one was really bothered we were there was the feeling I got. We eat out a lot so I guess we just have quite high standards and expectations. Can only describe this place as hit and miss really based on the fact there are good reviews plus our positive experience in the past. The will not be returning unless just for a drink as the setting is good in that respect as is the wine.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We visited The Mulberry again for lunch and found the food to be of very poor quality indeed !

Having opted for the Fish & Chips the fish was " curled up " in a soggy batter. The chips were underdone and served barely warm ! The mushy peas were ok.

The food was returned by a lovely lady who apologised profusely. After some time another effort turned up served by a different younger lady who was very nice but I'm afraid the food was no better at all.

Very poor indeed and not cheap either !

Don't bother !