I stayed here for 5 nights whilst on a course nearby for work and wanted a bit of luxury after a hard day, instead of using the local youth hostel! I found the hotel very comfortable with all the facilities needed. My room (4) was nice and big, with a little sitting room which I found really useful for work. It could probably do with a bit of updating if it were to warrant the term 'luxury', though - a lot of the furnishings seemed to be done on rather a budget. The lounge was lovely, with comfy sofas and lovely antiques which really did add to the country house atmosphere.
Breakfast was the usual British fayre and was plentiful and well cooked. I stayed for dinner one evening and that was lovely although a little expensive, but you're paying for the fact that this is billed more as a private country retreat than a hotel.
The best thing about this place is Hugh who is a very genial host who makes you feel like a guest in the true sense of the word. Both Hugh and Diane were really helpful with a couple of work-related tasks.
I used the pool and the sauna which were fine and I had them all to myself, and the changing facilities were large, clean and well-equipped.
The setting and grounds are beautiful as you would expect in Snowdonia!
My only gripe is the gate - it's to be kept shut but this gives an unwelcoming air and when I first arrived I wasn't sure I was at the right place and it seemed rather too private and closed. You also have to wobble your way over the cattle grid to open and close it, unless you can be bothered to go all the way round and through the pedestrian entrance. Maybe an investment in an electronic system would help.
All in all I would certainly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegant Edwardian country house is set in 3 acres of grounds with leisure facilities which includes swimming pool, sauna, gym and outdoor hot tub. We have charging points for electric cars and ample off-street parking. Situated in the Snowdonia National Park, we are in the heart of the countryside and yet only 1.5 Miles from the historic town of Conwy and less than 15 minutes' drive from the seaside resort of Llandudno (voted top UK seaside resort on Trip Advisor). We are easily accessible and well placed for both business and leisure stays. Our candlelit restaurant is highly recommended and is open 7 nights as week to residents and non-residents alike. Our seasonal menu offers a choice of starters, main courses and desserts and the food is freshly cooked to order, using local ingredients wherever possible. We can offer a great wine list to complement your food. Our location is convenient for Conwy, Llandudno, Bodnant Gardens, Mount Snowdon, Anglesey and we are a very useful stopping off point for those travelling to the Holyhead ferry terminal. Outdoor pursuits of walking, golf, mountain biking are all on our doorstep and just a short drive away, you will find the longest zip-wire in Europe and the only indoor surf resort at Surf Snowdonia - as well as plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy. Alternatively, you can just curl up with a good book in our comfortable lounge! A warm welcome awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Sychnant Pass Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sychnant Pass House Hotel Conwy
- Sychnant Pass Country House Conwy, Wales