“Brilliant”

and up
City Sightseeing Llandudno Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #2 of 32 things to do in Conwy
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in the late 13th century and reputed to be haunted by a past resident, this picturesque castle was built for King Edward I and is a perfect example of the "concentric castle" design.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This must be one of my favourite castles. Fairly small but loads to do, I have never climbed so many towers in my life!! Beware though if like my wife you are afraid of heights - the towers are 'very high'. She was scared stiff!! The views are spectacular, you can see the whole of the town, the harbour with all the boats moored. It is right next to the town wall, and so an ideal place to start if you want to walk the wall.
Free entry for English Heritage members.
I would definately go again

1  Thank pog62

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to the castle beacause it caught my eyes when I was on the train passing it. So, when I arrived at Llandudno Junction, I decided to go there without any hesitation. After visiting the castle, you would defintely be attracted by the small town. It is really beautiful. And the knight store is the most catchy place for me who is Merlin and Arthur's fun.
Tips: Conwy has its own railway station, but there are more trains to Llandudno Junction.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Lovely old castle with beautiful views over the harbour with its small boats moored and bobbing up and down on the tide

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lots of steps to climb up to all the turrets, with good views of Conwy from the top and the childrens game boards on the history were informative for us adults

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Worth a visit but due to the fact that it is a ruin there should be guides in attendance or a more detailed discription in every room.