“A castle near the sea”
Review of Conwy Castle

Conwy Castle
Ranked #2 of 35 things to do in Conwy
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in the late 13th century and reputed to be haunted by a past resident, this picturesque castle was built for King Edward I and is a perfect example of the "concentric castle" design.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to the castle beacause it caught my eyes when I was on the train passing it. So, when I arrived at Llandudno Junction, I decided to go there without any hesitation. After visiting the castle, you would defintely be attracted by the small town. It is really beautiful. And the knight store is the most catchy place for me who is Merlin and Arthur's fun.
Tips: Conwy has its own railway station, but there are more trains to Llandudno Junction.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Lovely old castle with beautiful views over the harbour with its small boats moored and bobbing up and down on the tide

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Lots of steps to climb up to all the turrets, with good views of Conwy from the top and the childrens game boards on the history were informative for us adults

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Worth a visit but due to the fact that it is a ruin there should be guides in attendance or a more detailed discription in every room.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

As English Heritage members we gained free entry to the castle. Well worth a visit, lots of places to explore. My daughter was particularly excited by the pidgeon skeleton in the kitchen tower, and my son liked the prison tower! Lots of towers to explore, but don't go the top if you don't have a head for heights!

1  Thank marrowina