“A Charming Cafe!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Waterloo, Canada
“A Charming Cafe!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Visited Amelies after touring the Castle. Simply a charming and tasteful café. Staff were warm and friendly and the lunch we selected was well prepared, fresh ingredients and very tasty. The menu offered very different items than the usual fare. The soup and salad I ordered were tremendous. We shared a dessert - a lemon poppy seed cake that was heavenly.
Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mschmitt255

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Lovely, intimate, friendly restaurant. Staff were very friendly and attentive, food was faultless. We were visiting Conwy for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary, and could not have picked a better restaurant.

Visited July 2014
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Out of all the cafés in Conwy I'm glad we chose to stop here. It's a beautiful old building and the decor inside is very tasteful. The place is warm and welcoming and our coffees weren't bad either(nothing extraordinary, and quite small also). The coffee came with a complementary biscuit which was a nice little treat. I would definitely go back and hopefully try the soup which sounded an absolute delight!

Florida
“Must have been there on a bad night”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I had dinner at Amelie's Cafe recently. I ordered apple and beet soup and beef bourguignon pie. The soup was fine the pie wasn't really a pie. It was beef stew with a puff pastry roll on top. It came with vegetables which were overcooked and chips which were fine. I ordered a local beer, Honey Fayre, which was good.

My wife ordered lamb chops which were not as good as the lamb I'd had recently. She had a leek tart for a starter. She also ordered a good bottle of French wine.

The service should have been better.

Overall I think we were disappointed in the meal.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank C H
Birmingham
“Great food and pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stumbled across Amelie's when we were looking for a decent meal in Conwy. We wanted something more than fish and chips but not a full-on feast of rich food. Warm welcome, really wide menu with a good selection of specials. We opted for a vegetarian risotto for a change. Beautifully cooked, nice presentation - it was the perfect supper at the end of a long day. Nice ambience and good service. Many thanks.

• Visited July 2014