“Lovely and classic”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went here last night as we were in Conwy for the evening. The food was very good, nice interesting choice of dishes including locally caught crab -which i ordered. My partner who's veggie basically only had one choice - stuffed mushrooms -but he was very happy with the dish. My crab was very lovely. The portions sizes are decent, everything cooked exactly right and the atmosphere was really relaxed. Would definatley go again

Reviewed June 5, 2013

What a wonderful spot for lunch. The Greek salad was excellent. The choices were amazing and well priced. Service was top notch. I wish I had had room to try some of the sweets.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

As we were looking at the posted menu outside, six women came out and told us it was GREAT! We were not disappointed. The ambiance is great. The food was very fresh and deliciously seasoned. It had a great vibe.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've passed this by a number of times, and gave it a chance today. We walked up the steps and were confronted with a pretty little restaurant with a lot of character. The young girl behind the counter pointed at a table and handed us our menus from over the bar, which I thought was a little lazy. Once we sat down we noticed that there were specials on a number of boards around the restaurant, one of which being a homemade lasagne with garlic bread. The older woman came to our table and was quite friendly and helpful with our order. I had the Home made lasagne which arrived at the table a little fast for lasagne, but after seeing the minuscule size of this thing I soon realised why it cooked so fast. It was an inch high and about 6inches in diameter. Not only was it small, but it was caramelised at the bottom which cemented most of it to the bottom. My wife had a sandwich which she thought wasn't fantastic, but was good enough. Our daughter who is fussy when we're all out got some fries. with juice and a couple of the smallest bottles of coke I have ever seen, the meal came to around £22, which was disgustingly expensive for what we had. Needless to say, I'm still hungry.

2  Thank silli_julian
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

We were warned at our BnB that places fill up quickly in restaurants in Conwy and we were lucky enough to get the last table here on Sat.
My starter was out of this world, goats cheese and marmalade tart, a must have. O/H had mussels which were lovely too, then he had steak and I had lamb. The portion sizes were great, O/H couldn't finish his chips! The whole meal came to £60 inc a bottle of wine which was brilliant quality.
The only downside was our waitress, the younger one. She wasn't very attentive, never asked if any of the food was alright and when she dropped cutlery on the floor she left it there for quite a while.