“Fantastic!!”
other travelers have booked this property
This is our 3rd lodge - Sugar Loaf Image of our 3 lodges
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This is our 3rd lodge - Sugar Loaf
Dining area with a view into the double quirky 'bed in a shed'
Kids love this bed.....adults too!
Book a delicious afternoon tea!
En suite flushing loo!
2 single beds
Double 'bed in a shed'
Kitchen area
Romantic enough for 2!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mark C
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2016 for a stay in June 2015

The wife and I stayed here with the kids in June. Nothing short of spectacular really. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, even with a massive summer storm outside. Fran the hostess was simply superb. The evening sky was amazing and it was great to see the kids playing in the fields till gone 10pm!! I am definitely, definitely going here again next year for a couple of nights. Complete tranquillity. No wifi, which was great as the kids played like the old days, fresh air and peace and quiet. It was just lovely sat on the balcony, glass of wine in hand listening to the birds evening song and a little radio. Can't wish for more. Thanks for the memories.

Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
Apr 9, 2016
Thank you for such a lovely review. Really looking forward to your return. Francesca
Markjorda...
Stamford
“Wonderful (from someone who hates camping!)”
Reviewed December 15, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I love the countryside and all it has to offer, but I hate camping, really, really hate it! We work hard all year so I refuse to spend it on a blow up bed under sweaty or freezing cold canvas in various degrees of squalor ..and don't even get me started on shower blocks etc.
So Seven Hills Hideaway was made for people like me. This was my first experience of 'glamping' and the bar has been set very high. Beautiful, peaceful setting on a working farm near Abergavenny with easy access to the stunning Welsh countryside but also the beautiful Wye Valley and Herefordshire. The waterfalls walk is a must and Barry Island, about an hour away, surprisingly nice!
It doesn't do it justice to call it a tent as it is bigger than my first house and a lot better kitted out; fantastic attention to detail with lovely touches throughout. Plenty of private sleeping space but it's still canvas so same bed-time for all works best if you can't sleep over people talking! Chilling space might be a bit limited inside if there were more than five of you but cosy rather than cramped.
I am a rubbish sleeper but I slept brilliantly here every night due the combination of fresh air, an incredibly comfortable bed and top quality bed linen.
My youngest daughter loved the 'cabin' that she could shut herself away in!
Loved the wood burners in both the main space and the bathroom which satisfied the caveman in me and the need to make fire. I would happily have paid a bit more to have these lit for me ahead of my return after a long day out but lighting them wasn't really a chore and both warmed the rooms quickly
Francesca is lovely and always available for help and advise, sometimes beyond the call of duty. My wife celebrated her 50th birthday while we were there and we arrived back after a day out to a crate on the decking containing Champagne, flutes and surrounded by fairly lights, which was a lovely touch.
Just a mention of Wi-Fi and mobile service on O2.. there isn't any.... and it was fantastic. After initial moans from the teenage kids, they embraced it and we chatted and got to know more about each other in that week than we do in the rest of the year. We placated them with a coffee in Nero in Abergavenny every day or two with its free Wi-Fi just so they could catch up with their social media!!
We had a lovely week and would recommend a stay to anyone. Absolutely loved it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything... perfect
Liked least: nothing; it was a great experience
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Dec 17, 2015
Wow! Thank you very much for this wonderful review......hope to see you and your lovely family again soon. Francesca x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing